VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked you guys earlier about the tailights and was wondering what you all suggest as the first mods that should be done to an A4 1.8t. I know that the chip is a dramatic boost in hp/tq, but I was thinking more along the lines of styling first. Let me know what you think
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1998 A4 1.8t 5speed sport package

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Re: a4 mods (BriMcJettaIII)

It's all up to you man.
Do what you want to your car.
I like to have a balance between the 2, performance and looks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you guys think is the best exhaust for an audi. I've been looking at the supersprint or the tectonics. I've heard it's best to do the intake/exhaust/etc mods before you chip the car. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

this is just my opinion, which is based on personal preference, since I haven't modded my car at all (yet).. but I'd probably chip the car first.. you'll see a noticeable improvement in engine response, much moreso than with the intake, manifold, etc.. of course, it makes sense to do those other things, too.. and logically, it would be 'better' to upgrade them before chipping.. but I personally go for the biggest bang for my buck right upfront.. then work into the subtle mods as funds allow
one free styling mod that you can consider is removing the amber headlight corners.. there's a tech article in audiworld that explains how.. I met a guy a couple days ago who has the EXACT same car as mine, but he did that and his car is soooo much cooler from the front with the monochrome scheme
another nice touch is replacing the grill with the RS4 version.. costs about $80 and takes 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

first thing I did to my car was debadge, then tint. Then a grille, then put on 18s, and then put a stereo in from my old car.
I am gonna get suspension, and go fast toys over the winter so I can rock out in spring!!!

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Re: a4 mods (95JettaGL)

First I did the K&N filter
Then I did the stereo
then I got my REMUS exhasut
then I lowered the car
then I got my sport Grille

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which chip would you reccomend. I have heard good things about garret and my friend has the upsolute chip on his jetta 1.8t in which he hasnt had any complaints about. Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: a4 mods (audiness)

audiness, did your K&N filter have any noticeable affect? that was the first mod I did to the mustang I had in a past life, but I've read a lot of conflicting opinions in the 1.8t forum, so I don't know if it's a waste of money or not.. I don't have to worry about the replacement filter cost at this point, since those are covered under my warranty til I hit 100k

·
Registered
4,361 Posts

I see you're in the Ellicott City area.. another good place to go would be Autothority. Their 1.8T chips are very very impressive, and they're near by so you could drive down, have them change chips and drive home. http://www.autothority.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: a4 mods (oooo)

Def go with the autothority chip, then maybe a down pipe and catback. very big gains with those mods. Any body heard and things about the new eurosport intake for 1.8ts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts