VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
MK1 Big Turbo 07k Caddy
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aaron's TRP .:R Build Thread

Well this is the official write up for my Tornado Red Pearl R32.

Entry 001 - Full shave and respray
Entry 002 - Custom OEM wheel setup
Entry 003 - Custom air ride setup

Original posting for body work (8/17/2012)

So I figured this is as good of time as any to start a thread on my R. Right now it is in the body shop all tore apart. Some parts are in sanding stage to be prepped for paint and others are being filled in for the various shaves. I have attached links to the official photostream I started a little while back on my flickr gallery. Enjoy!

Whats on the list:

- Full hatch shave
- Fix front bumper
- Fix rear bumper
- Shave side markers
- Shave side blinkers
- Shark fin
- Full respray
- New windshield

I am changing the color of the car to something extra special. Kind of keeping it under wraps until I get some professional pics done. Stay tuned!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/golfoncrack/sets/72157631103699572/

Finger :thumbdown:

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
I just did the same to my .:R and went candy red. Prepping the shell with all of the clearcoat was a nightmare! I spent 4 months total but I was being extra picky because I couldn't go back and redo anything after I went candy.

Good luck to you! In for finished pics.

·
Registered
MK1 Big Turbo 07k Caddy
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just did the same to my .:R and went candy red. Prepping the shell with all of the clearcoat was a nightmare! I spent 4 months total but I was being extra picky because I couldn't go back and redo anything after I went candy.

Good luck to you! In for finished pics.
Were you at Sowo? I feel like I saw your whip. Or maybe all the fumes are getting to me.

·
Registered
MK1 Big Turbo 07k Caddy
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure was at Sowo...I had just finished halfassed putting g it back together the night before the show.
Still looked pretty dope. You probably dont remember me. You parked on the grass in the parking lot on the corner. I was walking with another dude and we didnt know what color it was so I yelled from 15 feet away "HEY, WHAT COLOR IS THAT?" haha

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Still looked pretty dope. You probably dont remember me. You parked on the grass in the parking lot on the corner. I was walking with another dude and we didnt know what color it was so I yelled from 15 feet away "HEY, WHAT COLOR IS THAT?" haha
I must have had a hundred people yell that to me that weekend! :laugh: I'm interested to see what color you go with. :thumbup:

·
Registered
980 Posts
When people shave the hatch handle how do you open it? Some kind of popper that pushes on the hatch when you unlock it?

·
Registered
MK1 Big Turbo 07k Caddy
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I think u should spoil it, peer pressure! :popcorn:
I think you talked me into it :beer:

When people shave the hatch handle how do you open it? Some kind of popper that pushes on the hatch when you unlock it?
I will probably fabricate a popper or spring system to make the hatch pop out a little farther or perhaps all the way up on its own.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.