VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv ben lookin into swapping my 8v head. so my question is can i put a g60 head or a 16v head on my aba 2.0L block, witch is originally 8v? and if so what kind off mods would i have to do?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you use a 16v head, it will lower the compression into the 8's. (IIRC) If you're planning on going forced induction its a great route, otherwise the car will be a slug if you decide to keep it all motor. I'd just use the crossflow ABA head that came on the motor. Some people do half swaps with an ABA bottom end and the 8v counterflow head. This is usually for those running CIS injection so they can retain the older system.

If your car is running on CIS, it will be easier to do the half swap. If your car is digifant, the full ABA swap is plug and play so might as well use the head also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx guys. when i was out yesterday i stumbled across a 1.8t full motor except ecu. i asked how much the guy wanted for it 500$!!!! so im really considering gabbing it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.