VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so guys i just wanna make sure i have everything. i got the charger from my buddy. and i am planning on putting it on this weekend.
the block off plate.. did everyone make one or did they order the tt one? and i saw someone tapped it. is there a good build thread on this with good pics? cant seem to find anything.. anyone that has done this please comment on this to help me out.
thanks
incase this helps
obd1 aba block and head with a stock g60 is my set up
upgrades/changes:
autotech 260 cam
bfi stage 1 motor mounts
vr6 trans mount
c2 stage1
injectors 30lb
vr6 fpr
front mount
3in maf
tt cam gear
tt l/w inter. shaft gear
long tube header
p/s delete
a/c delete
l/w flywheel
short shifter arm
heavier shift weight
any other suggestions to make this set up even better?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: aba block swap ? (criminal_mischief)

this is a full aba in a mk3 i am putting a g60 charger on
and what should i do for the boost return? where does it come from in the stock g60 (i didnt pull the charger off the car someone else did)

Modified by criminal_mischief at 4:32 AM 9-12-2008

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: aba block swap ? (criminal_mischief)

before i start this i just want to clear some stuff up.
1.with the tt block off plate how much do i need to grind off my charger?
2.how does the charger get oil and how does it return it?
3.what should i do for the boost return?
i saw someone just put a filter on it to get rid of the boost return hose. is this the best idea?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3370485
dunno if you've seen this, but it's what i have going for aba block/pg head setups.
for the block off plate, the problem is the rear charger bracket won't "block off" the breather hole on the aba block, and it won't fit with the aba oil filter flange. the bracket needs to have a flat surface on the bottom, so the bracket needs to be shaved the thickness of the block off plate, but it's too thick, so whatever you don't mill off the bracket, you need to mill off the block-off plate, so it will sit at the original length from the block.
then the bracket will need the same notch that the TT block off plate has in it's side to fit around the filter flange.

Modified by deth_core at 7:52 AM 9-13-2008

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (deth_core)

ok, so did your bracket have hole in the middle of the bottom two bolts? mine does with a rubber o ring, not sure what its for

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote, originally posted by deth_core »
did

just talked to the guy i bought the charger from and he said it didnt do anything anyway. looking forward to this. got to find someone to do the machine work for me tho. everything should be in this week and i'm gonna be tearing into the project..pics to come

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
it actually covers the hole in the pg block where a mechanical fuel pump would have been. vw must have been using the same mould for all the 1.8s since the carb days. i dunno.
i haven't seen a full aba swap w/ g charger before.
GL

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

thanks this weekend is when im gonna work on it. my tt block off kit should be here tomorrow or wed. then see if i can find someone to the milling and welding for me.
any try just grinding? or should i make sure its more square?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.