VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should probably ask this in a technical forum, but because so many of us MK2 guys have done the ABA bottom end swap, maybe someone here will know.
I'm doing the ABA bottom end swap on my 92 Jetta GL. I have done some looking in the search and on a few internet sites but cant figure out the best way to do the distributor.
I'd like to just swap the digi2 hall sender window wheel onto the ABA distributor. Can anyone give me the best way of doing it? I was thinking about using a gear puller or something similar?
-Luke
The Jetta:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Re: ABA bottom end distributor question... (AtariMasta)

There are a couple ways to do it. You can push out the drift pins in both, remove the distributor gear and swap the gears. It sounds easy, but I couldn't get the pin out and the gear off of the digi distributor.
What was ultimately easier and probably more cost effective in the long run was buying a distributor for an Audi 80, circa 1988-1989. Fits right in to the 2.0 block and has the proper hall sender plug and windows.
There are several great write ups for this, I believe the guys name is ABAScirocco or something like that.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
ive thought about the same thing the easiest was to just change the gear on the bottom. just make sure you get a tight fitting roll pin to put back in and dont forget to put on the aba block /distributer spacer from tt before the gear . this was the easiest way i recked 2 good dizzy's trying to do the way your thinking

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ABA bottom end distributor question... (AtariMasta)

Alright, it's done now. I guess we took the 'long' way.
We popped the drift pin out on both dist.
Swapped the hall sender windows, put the gear back on.
Not too hard, ill post a few pics later.
-Luke

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Re: (AtariMasta)

i'm too late but i was gonna say i had a aba bistributor ith the four window hall sender in it, and i dont live far away at all. In fact can i take your aba for a ride, i'll let you drive mine. Sort of like wife swapping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.