VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking about swaping my OBD2 ABA for a OB2 VR6. My car is equipped with Air Conditionning and still working well and I'd like to keep it.

So, is it possible to keep my A/C system all connected, doing the swap and keep the ABA A/C compressor, or I really have to get my car to a shop to discharge my A/C system before swaping everything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
i dont know if your compressor will work on the VR engine.
but i do know that you can use all your 2.0 litre lines, condensor, drier and everything else.

i wish i could help you on the compressor.
sorry.

i did run a swapped VR with AC for years with the ABA lines. no issues.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
i am pretty sure they are the same compressor. let me see if my bentley has anything on them.

edit
After checking my bentley i don't see any difference in the compressors. They both mount the same way, however i can't tell how far apart the two mounting bolts are from each other, so don't take my word for it. I'm sure it has been asked before though, try a thorough search.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am pretty sure they are the same compressor. let me see if my bentley has anything on them.

edit
After checking my bentley i don't see any difference in the compressors. They both mount the same way, however i can't tell how far apart the two mounting bolts are from each other, so don't take my word for it. I'm sure it has been asked before though, try a thorough search.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.