VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ABA with a 1.8 digi II 8 valve head and I am curious as to what my compression ratio is going to be. I can test it but I was just curious to see if anyone knows off hand.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Re: ABA with 1.8 Digi II compression ratio (Tattoo Collector)

Slightly higher than stock ABA compression ratio of 10:1, it turns out to be something like 10.3:1. The combustion chamber on the 1.8L heads is 2 cc's smaller than the ABA head

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ABA with 1.8 Digi II compression ratio (ABA Scirocco)

Thanks. I just ordered my JE pistons for it and they should be sent out today. I am also doing a 268 cam, valve springs, balanced bottom end, new valves, a port and polished head and either an AMS chipped computer or a TT chip in the computer. Techtonics told me that I would be able to run an oversized valve in that motor without doing new valve seats. I think they said 41 mm for the intake valves, but it doesn't look like there is enough room. If I am not mistaken, the intake valves on that head are 39 mm and 41 mm would translate to roughly .0040" and it doesn't look like I'll have enough room there to do that. Has anyone done this with a hydro head?
Finally, what kind of horsepower at the wheels am I looking at with this setup? (I also have headers, a neuspeed throttle body, tt catback, a hollow cat, a custom made air intake with 3" filter and a modified intake manifold.)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Re: ABA with 1.8 Digi II compression ratio (Tattoo Collector)

41mm Intake Valves will fit,apparently you can do a combination of anything less than 78mm. Some people are doing 42x35.
Digifant valves are 40x33. I went to the search page and typed in oversize valves, a couple of really good discussions came up I would check those out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

WHP will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 100-125 hp.

Modified by autobahn 69 at 11:18 PM 5-23-2004

1 - 4 of 4 Posts