VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally started my car up, it's an aba16v digi1 running 42lb injectors with a stage 5 sns chip for 42lb injectors and it starts and will idle for a minute or so then just floods out and dies? my plugs are soaked
anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: aba16v digi1 SNS not running very good :( (xXx TURBO)

sounds like ya need to check the sensors (CTS?). I'm running 440cc on my stage 4 (yeah just stage 4) and she purrrrrrrrrs.
you're not doing anything crazy like low impedance injectors right? no short in fuel rail, pulsing correctly?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
all 4 plugs soaking? or 2 maybe not seeing one of the magnets and only firing on one of the 2 packs. like 1 and 3 keeping it running till it stalls or 2 and 4. Dunno might not be the case just a thought.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: aba16v digi1 SNS not running very good :( (jwatts)

Quote, originally posted by jwatts »
where do you vac. line for the ECU tapped?

my vac line from the ecu goes to my intake manifold
and no i'm not running weird injectors or anything
and the wiring seems to be fine, all the injectors are getting current

Modified by xXx TURBO at 4:54 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (JettaGLXdriver)

Quote, originally posted by JettaGLXdriver »
all 4 plugs soaking? or 2 maybe not seeing one of the magnets and only firing on one of the 2 packs. like 1 and 3 keeping it running till it stalls or 2 and 4. Dunno might not be the case just a thought.

i don't think so cause it's runnign pretty smooth when it's running

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: (xXx TURBO)

What are you running for fuel pressure? You should be running 51 Psi with the vacuum line off the regulator.
I had almost the same problem on the 16V Lysholm I am building up, it turned out I got the cams out of synch with the chain, wreaks havoc with the vacuum signl going to the ECU. Pull you intake and check the cams again. I would fire it and it would run ok, then flood out. Cams are out.....

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (SavageRocco)

Quote, originally posted by SavageRocco »
What are you running for fuel pressure? You should be running 51 Psi with the vacuum line off the regulator.
I had almost the same problem on the 16V Lysholm I am building up, it turned out I got the cams out of synch with the chain, wreaks havoc with the vacuum signl going to the ECU. Pull you intake and check the cams again. I would fire it and it would run ok, then flood out. Cams are out.....

i'm getting like 45psi of fuel pressure i'm using a 3 bar FPR i will check the cams again though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts