VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I just got my Big Bore intake for my car from ABD. I went to install it but it seems that its not fitting correctly. Not necessarily the size... but the way it is set up seems that the tube that is connected to the EGR sensor is to long.
If I try to attach it to the Big Bore intake it basically bends until its closed and wouldn't let anything through. The directions that ABD sent were decent but I'm not car savvy so I was just a lil confused.
Has anyone installed this on a '98 VR6 GTi??? Any help will be greaaaaatly appreciated... THANKS!

· Banned
1,088 Posts
if a rubber hose is too long (which seems to be what you are saying) then trim the f*cker back a few inches till it fits right... If the hose is too short then go buy a stretch of hose from lowes or home depot or something that has the same measurements but is longer... If the intake fails to fit at all then send it back or sell it to some poor chap...

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:

Alright I e-mailed ABD to see if they had any instructions on how to modify the hose or the intake that I bought. I'm gonna have someone look at it, someone that actually knows cars, and see what they say. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.