VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: ABD Bigbore intake (FIDDLER)

I recently installed the big bore intake on my 1.8 16v. Not sure of any real hp gains. My guess is that it provides slightly better flow than the stock tube, but you may not feel anything significant. I like the way it looks, and it also sounds great when you wind up the engine.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

...Im using the ABD big bore in conjunction with the euro intake cam on my 16v 2.0, and you can feel the difference at around 3500 and up. It pulls better at lower RPM's than the stock tube, and it freed up the revs up top. I think it helped to wake up the euro cam some more...

[Modified by SauerKraut, 10:24 AM 2-13-2002]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: ABD Bigbore intake (john green)

My thinking was, a p-flow or q-flow type intake with the big bore intake pipe, and velocity bored out throttlebody would increase the flow and air velocity to a 50mm intake. This in theory would negate the decrease in low end torque of the 50mm intake and really help the upper end.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

Oh, and don't expect it to say "ABD racing" or whatever for very long. the decal lettering peels off quick. I can't even remember what it said under the "ABD," whick I'm about to say screw it and peel off also. And, you might need to do some adjustment to the rubber boots at each end. when I first put mine on, it his the shock tower, so I didn't use it for a while. Then I had to replace my boots anyway, and it fits fine now.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]My thinking was, a p-flow or q-flow type intake with the big bore intake pipe, and velocity bored out throttlebody would increase the flow and air velocity to a 50mm intake. This in theory would negate the decrease in low end torque of the 50mm intake and really help the upper end.[HR][/HR]​
i say dont go with the p-flow's etc. all they do is suck up the hot air in your engine. just cut the part of your airbox against the fender and some of the front. boom. same effect except some people think the cone looks better. eh.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.