VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Re: ABD engine covers (pimpinGLX)

I've got one, no picture of it though.
It's really nothing more than a piece of carbon fiber that double sided sticky tapes to the exsisting engine cover. The quality is fine... Although I've noticed it has "yellowed" over time. Probably from the heat? Dunno... I put a big fat layer of wax on it before I put it on.. but I haven't touched it since except to stick a TT sticker on it lol. It probably wouldn't have yellowed if I took better care of it...

[Modified by Volkscience, 3:00 PM 8-7-2002]

·
Registered
680 Posts

Those are sweet, it adds flava to the engine bay ! Here's a suggestion:If you have an aftermarket intake, then buy the Ractive Carbon Fiber heatshielded filter, $30. It matches perfectly to the cover !
Peace, keep it rollin' fast !

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Re: ABD engine covers (1fastmk3)

Here's a picture for you!
Note, it will fade/ become 'hazey' over time due to heat. If you look closely at mine, where you see the spots, that's were it is 'hazey'.
I still like it, but if I had the money to spend I would get the 100% real carbon fiber cover from Euro Sport Accessories.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]what do u think bout it...[HR][/HR]​
Why not just do something creative to decorate the stock one? Then you could put the money toward some actual performance mods.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Halx, 10:23 AM 8-7-2002]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts