VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
413 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (Cypher2k)

What is RPI-Equipped website or anyone else that sells ABD? I am trying to find a ABD distributor that is outside of CA (no sales tax!) so I can order some stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (gtisurfer2)

I will be selling my ABD tip for AWW and AWP engine codes. I had it for on for less than 6 months and will be selling it soon and getting the APR stg 3 kit.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (LA Wolfsburg)

Let me know how that Blue Rhino thing turns out. From the pics on the website it kinda looked like a DYI set-up. It said the 20hp gain was on a chipped 1.8t too. If it gives you 20hp, then its certainly worth the $400. However I think I am going to stear clear of the CAI.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (Jetta lV)

why avoid the CAI? its a pretty useful mod for the car. i talked to the owner of Blue rhino at Dubwar and he garunteed me that i would see at least 20 hp 20 lb ft increase on my car and that he would refund it if it didnt. thats a pretty bold agreement on his part and that works for me. im excited to get it. he said that i would probably be able to install it myself considering ive done all of the other stuff at home. i think a garunteed 20 hp with a higher spool up rate and colder air is worth that money.

·
Banned
413 Posts

I might jump in on that AEM Group Buy for $155 bucks shipped. I have just heard that the CAI messes with the MAF. But sounds like just about everything screws up the MAF.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (Jetta lV)

I have the EVO CAI and never once threw a code and my MAF has never gone bad. MAF just go bad, but you can clean them if they stop working from being too dirty. Just use a little electronic cleaner or 90-100% alcohol.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (WhosYourDaddy)

Blue rhino doesnt do Group buys unfortunately. if you are going to buy it i would suugest you do it now because in a week or so they are raising the price to 450. once i get it installed, ill write a review.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (FreshieMedia)

i still havent received it!
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif ! they claim that one of their shops lost the order and its been very delayed. im getting really impatient. i want cold air god damn it!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Re: ABD turbo inlet pipe ?'s.... (Awasher)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just use a little electronic cleaner or 90-100% alcohol.[HR][/HR]​
if i were you I would only use 95% or higher Isopropyl Alch. and put the maf in a baggie( a big one) and lightly tild the bag back and forth so the Maf is submerged in the Alch. do it a few times and let the maf completly dry. then you should be all good

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i still havent received it!
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif ! they claim that one of their shops lost the order and its been very delayed. im getting really impatient. i want cold air god damn it![HR][/HR]​
When did you order the blue rhino?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts