VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2016 Jetta GLI, 2021 Arteon Premium R Line 4Motion
11,424 Posts
Re: ABF alternator bracket Part number ??? (bulldoser62)

This one?

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Re: ABF alternator bracket Part number ??? (rhussjr)

maybe germany is different, but in spain, the abf is really hard to find at a scrapyard, and the dealer doesnt stock anything for it, and the dealer charges up the nose.
i found like 3 of them, but they were crate long blocks, and would not be seperated of anything. just buy the suff from somone here

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: ABF alternator bracket Part number ??? (rhussjr)

Quote, originally posted by rhussjr »
This one?

Yep thats the one i need the part # because i want to see if i can get it from the dealer and how much. i have friends still at the dealer.
just looked it up there is 2 of them in Canada at dealers. I'm going to have my friend look it up and see if vw still has any in there warehouses

·
Registered
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2016 Jetta GLI, 2021 Arteon Premium R Line 4Motion
11,424 Posts

They sell for about $35 and the spring tensioner is about $10 (I have one of each if you can't find it through a US Dealer - which I doubt you will). I get all of mine from Germany.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bulldoser62 »

just looked it up there is 2 of them in Canada at dealers. I'm going to have my friend look it up and see if vw still has any in there warehouses

Good Luck paying dealership price

so does anyone have a part # for the ABF alternator

I have the Part#,you can pay me $269US for it
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3376886

·
Registered
21,256 Posts

so does anyone have a part # for the ABF alternator
this one (pic stolen)

do you want the 70amp or the 90amp version part #? i can check the ones i have for the numbers.. i have a 70amp on my rocco and it is fine..

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: ABF alternator bracket Part number ??? (slopoke)

Quote, originally posted by slopoke »
wow this statement sums up what is wrong with the vw scene! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by slopoke at 7:52 PM 10-18-2007

yeah---thought i read it wrong!!!!
>x 2 on that statement HOW BOUT NO YOU CAN PAY ME!!!!!!LOL!!!

Modified by deeeGLI at 11:08 AM 10-19-2007

·
Registered
7,102 Posts

Quote, originally posted by slopoke »
wow this statement sums up what is wrong with the vw scene! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Coming from someone that has less than 100 posts it would be my honour to tell you to take a hike.
Just in case you didnt do your research I was the one that provided the Part #'s.
Quote, originally posted by INA Posted on 05/04/2007 »

ABF Belt:
Connitech Part #: 6PK 894
VW Part #: 037 903 137
Alternator Part #: 028 903 029 M/Bosch AL0185X
Bracket Part #: 029 803 143 AD
Spring #: 028 903 329

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the vw scene.The OP used MY image without asking me permission and then tried to underhand me by out sourcing this set up.
I sell the ABF adjustable alternator for $269US shipped after importing the alternators from UK.My Mark up on the system is $20US just to cover advertisement fees.Why do I do it?To help the community out because I know what it is like to get a fork stuck in my eye....
I laugh @ this thread for the simple fact that you cant get the alternator in the US for less than $240US

I remember when a certain advertiser that is no longer on vortex use to sell this set up for close to $400US and people still bought it from him.
Happy hunting though.
And to all those that want an overpriced ABF set up:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3490384

·
Banned
9,948 Posts
Re: ABF alternator bracket Part number ??? (INA)

I got mine from INA. you guys do complain over noth'n. Look at how many people buy Bahn Brenners OVERpriced lysholm kits. I would like to see some'n try and sort one these alternators and post a price... Doubt an outsider can get a set for less then INA's selling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.