VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

*** ABF Serpentine Belt Conversion KITS & T6061 Lightened Pulley's ***

129K views 214 replies 76 participants last post by  INA 
#1 ·
*** ABF Adjustable alternator set -up - CHEAPER THAN EVER - $319US SHIPPED! ***

THIS THREAD IS NOT OLD - JUST RECYCLED!!! SAVE WEBSPACE!!!

THE NEW SERPENTINE BELT FAQ IN THE MKI GOLF / JETTA FORUM - COMING SOON!!
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4271424

PLEASE SELECT THE PACKAGE YOU WANT WHEN ORDERING.ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING & PAYPAL FEES.PAYMENT CAN BE MADE TO SALES[at]INAENGINEERING[dot]COM via PAYPAL.
The ABF Adjustable alternator set up has been sought after by many individuals. With some fervent searching and development work, sourcing the parts for the 16v enthusiast just became a lot easier and now with lightened pulleys to really accentuate your engine bay.

What is the ABF alternator conversion?
As seen in the image above it is an adjustable serpentine belt set up that eliminates the need to use tensioners and positions the alternator low enough to clear ITB's (Individual throttle bodies) on an 8V,16V or even 20V set up!
We are currently working on 06A/06B applications as well using this amazing set up and now kits just became easier.We also have the means to source any serpentine set up from the ABA ac & the uber rare non-ac.
Quote, originally posted by PACKAGES »

ABF KIT - BASIC PACKAGE:
Basic Kit includes:
* Isaka 90A Alternator with 1 year warranty.THIS IS NOT REBUILT
* OEM VW ABF Alternator bracket
PRICE = $319US SHIPPED!

ABF KIT - PRO PACKAGE:
Pro Kit includes:
* Isaka 90A Alternator with 1 year warranty.THIS IS NOT REBUILT
* T6061 INA water pump pulley
* 6PK-903 Belt
PRICE = $399US SHIPPED!

ABF KIT - PREMIUM PACKAGE:
Premium Kit includes:
* Isaka 90A Alternator with 1 year warranty.NEW,not rebuilt!
* INA Bolt kit to attech bracket to the block
* MKIV 1.8T Crankshaft accessory pulley w/ harmonic dampner
* spacer for crankshaft accessory pulley (customer MUST specify if use is either 8V engine or 16V engine)
* T6061 INA aluminum water pump pulley
* T6061 INA aluminum alternator pulley
* 6PK-903 Belt
PRICE = $599US SHIPPED!

SERPENTINE PULLEY CONVERSION PACKAGE:
Kit includes:
* NEW 06A Crankshaft Accessory Pulley w/ harmonic dampner
* Spacer (specify 8V or 16V)
* INA T6061 aluminum Water pump pulley
* INA T6061 aluminum Alternator pulley
PRICE = $219US SHIPPED!

Please send me a PM when you are ready to order and please do not hesitate to ask us any questions.
Thanks

Modified by INA at 7:32 PM 6-22-2009

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: (austin neuschafer)

Quote, originally posted by austin neuschafer »
to use this on a 2.0 16v, what crank pulley doI use??? aba, or a abf one???

ABF if you have,ABA if you dont mind machining the back end 5.9mm.If your bolting this onto a turbocharged engine then I recommend using the 1.9TD MKIII crank pulley.

#3 ·

ok, just curious how that worked, I made the aba stuff work without modifying the pulley, just using a vr6 ps pulley on the waterpump, anda vr6 alt pulley on my alternator for the extra offset, and modified the bracket to hold the tensioning arm out 1/4" I really like this setup, have to think about if it would work with my 034 external crank trigger that, as the unmodded ABA crank pulley with ps pulley stuck the speed sensor wheel into the actual fender, so i went back into vbelt, but I hate that setup, looks sweet, have to think it over about the fitment. which ps pump bracketwould I use with that, a2 or aba, or either???

ABA
I am working on a serpentine set up that allows you to use the 034 trigger http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#4 ·
Re: *** ABF Adjustable alternator set -up - CHEAPER THAN EVER - $269US SHIPPED! *** (INA)

it's an incomplete work in progress, what in particualr would you like to see

The VR sensor bracket + the serpentine crankshaft pulley.
All IM's replied http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Bump for the overpriced kit!

#9 ·
Re: *** ABF Adjustable alternator set -up - CHEAPER THAN EVER - $269US SHIPPED! *** (INA)

Quote, originally posted by Special Case »
the only thing that would make this kit a better upgrade for a 16v is an aluminum pulley set........alternator, W/P, P/S, crank.

bump

3 for you coming right up!

#13 ·

pics can be viewed here. let me know if u need different one. btw. that 1.9 td crank pulley doesn't clear the lower timing belt cover.

Where?
I dont use creepspace...

#14 ·

No wonder....you need the 1.9TD power steering pulley.The v-belt pulley's used on the v-belt system (9A,3A) are different than the ones used on the ABA & AZZ.
I have a 1.9TDI pulley infront of me with a 1.9TDi power steering pulley + the 034 adapter + the 034 trigger wheel and everything fits fine.I am pretty sure your power steering pulleys are not going to line up now like that.You need both power steering pulleys from the either the ABA or TDI.

#22 ·
Re: (standard)

Quote, originally posted by standard »
is the tdi pulley a direct fit for the serpentine swap? i have the kit already, but i used the 2.0 pulley milled.if your pulley is a direct fit, i need it. 2.0 16v nonturbo,

You dont like the milled pulley?

#24 ·
Re: (standard)

Quote, originally posted by standard »
i have heard bad stories of it not being centered properly, if it is cool i'll use it if you recommend it

If it was properly done I do not see why it would be a problem to run it.I do have pulley's but they are a little more than the advertised price as I need to update the website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.