VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
SouMatrix contacted me today and I am sending in the defective speaker.

·
Registered
11,346 Posts
These guys have apparently gone the way of the dodo. No twitter activity since mid-2016. Amazon store shows one single item, with 1 review.

The product looked interesting, and seemed to have some quality features - but the whole concept of disconnecting the stock tweeter, and moving it down to your feet on a coaxial speaker, just rang sour to me. You need the highs mounted up high, not down low. And their explanation of why this was a good thing was extremely weak.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Odd/strange that the thread is sticky'd to the top of the Car Audio forum... Have an R32 that I'm contemplating some upgrades for & after head unit (Composition Media) and amp (possibly Dynaudio), speakers were next on my list to look into.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing for sure, you will need to upgrade your front tweeters too. Higher frequencies need to be around at ear level. This is the first time in my 20 years a menufacturer suggests you to kill the tweeted in favour of a tweeter in the foot area. :banghead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
One thing for sure, you will need to upgrade your front tweeters too. Higher frequencies need to be around at ear level. This is the first time in my 20 years a menufacturer suggests you to kill the tweeted in favour of a tweeter in the foot area. :banghead:
Kick panel speaker arrays work better for stereo image as the mids and highs come from the same plane. However, kick panel speaker mounting requires aiming both mids and highs at a certain angle to raise the image to ear level. Mounting co-axials into the foot well off axis is not a recommended method of achieving proper staging.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts