VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty serious about getting the Golf. How much did you guys get yours for? I got quoted for $22,100. Too much? How do you guys like the car? Parts aftermarket expensive? Labor? maintenance? Sorry about all the questions but need some info badly!! Thanks alot!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Re: About to get a 02 Golf Gti 1.8t, How do you guys like yours??Opinions please! (yutripnnfoo)

Not enough info, what options did you go for?
That price is too high even for a fully loaded car, I paid around 19,500 USD for my 2001 GTI 1.8T with auto / leather / 17" / monsoon / in-dash CD player, basically every option except the 6-disc in the trunk
And that was in the middle of the MY, if I waited later I probably would have paid under 19K

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: About to get a 02 Golf Gti 1.8t, How do you guys like yours??Opinions please! (nate1.8t)

are the cars cheaper in canada?

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's) / '21 SQ5 (on order)
40,460 Posts
Re: About to get a 02 Golf Gti 1.8t, How do you guys like yours??Opinions please! (yutripnnfoo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Im pretty serious about getting the Golf.[HR][/HR]​
Are you getting a Golf or GTI? Maybe it's different in Canada but in the US the Golf isn't built with a 1.8, only the TDI or the 2.0...

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Re: About to get a 02 Golf Gti 1.8t, How do you guys like yours??Opinions please! (billgti)

quote:[HR][/HR]are the cars cheaper in canada?
[HR][/HR]​
Yes, that is part of it, but the biggest reason I got that deal is that I absolutely refuse to buy a car from a dealership.. I don't see the sense in paying more for worse service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts