VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader first time asking a Q:

Ive got a 01 1.8T with mods. The car starts fine and runs good.

Issue. I start the car no issues, and when I start to drive and go 10-12mph the doors lock as usual, but the ASR and ABS lights come on. If I push the ASR button... nothing, and the abs does not work.

Any ideas?

· Banned
53,535 Posts
The dash icon coming on and the system deactivation is an indication there is a fault in the system. It can be as simple as dirt/mud/debris in the ABS trigger discs on the back side of the rotors, a defective ABS sensor at a wheel, or disconnected harness, to a fault in the ABS controller/pump assembly.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dash icon coming on and the system deactivation is an indication there is a fault in the system. It can be as simple as dirt/mud/debris in the ABS trigger discs on the back side of the rotors, a defective ABS sensor at a wheel, or disconnected harness, to a fault in the ABS controller/pump assembly.
Does it seem odd that both the ASR and ABS are coming on at the same time??

· Registered
4,653 Posts
I had this issue and it was my ABS control module. It could be as easy as a wheelsensor, just get some brake cleaner and clean each wheel sensor and see if the lights go away if not then chances are it's the module. If you can get a hold of a vagcom and on there the error code is 02176 then it's the module.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
check the wires that go to the wheel sensors in the wheel well, if they are not attached to the struts properly they can get worn through which will kill the abs and asr and trigger both lights. happened to me and 2 of my freinds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.