VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 01 GTI with only 22k on it as soon as I hit 23k my ABS light has been coming on, when I turn off the car and let it sit for a minute and then restart the car the light goes off. I just took it back to the dealership that I bought it at and they ran it on the diagnostic and it all checked out clean. What are some solutions for the problem that I need to look for.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: abs light problem (japtoeuro)

Quote, originally posted by japtoeuro »
I just took it back to the dealership that I bought it at and they ran it on the diagnostic and it all checked out clean.

...And they are lying to your face!
Grab hold of a local owner with a VAG-COM and scan the entire car.
If the ABS light comes on, the ECU will store a code(s) on what's going on.
Willing to bet it's a Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) since you're able to turn off the car and the light disappears for a short while.
- Erik

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: abs light problem (bluefox280)

hey erik thanks for the info I was wondering if you knew anything about the sensor in the brake pads I was talking to a friend that has a GTI and he was saying that the brake pads could also be causing this also I knew about the codes being stored into the computer and able to be pulled up and they are not getting any faulty codes at all they did of a full scan of the whole car

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: abs light problem (japtoeuro)

Quote, originally posted by japtoeuro »
I knew about the codes being stored into the computer and able to be pulled up and they are not getting any faulty codes at all they did of a full scan of the whole car

I'm convinced they're not telling the truth.
If the ABS light appears, there is something going on and the ABS module will keep track of it.
Like I said, grab a local owner of a VAG-COM and scan yourself.
I cannot believe the light would turn on for nothing...
- Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.