VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why my ABS light/parking brake lights come on, and stays on when I start my car? I am not low on fluid, and the lights doesn't come on all the time. They will stay off for a week, and then come on and stay on for a few days.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Re: ABS light (mk3barti)

take it to a local dealer and have them run the 1551 on your car while the lights on. it will tell you the exact problem and fault code... my guess is its a loose ABS Wheel speed sensor....

·
Registered
177 Posts

I had a similar problem, my ABS / Brake light came on and my headlights turned off it soon got worse... I had NO headlights, NO windshield wipers, and NO fan. the dealership had to replace the ignition switch and re-key the locks.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Does anyone know why my ABS light/parking brake lights come on, and stays on when I start my car? I am not low on fluid, and the lights doesn't come on all the time. They will stay off for a week, and then come on and stay on for a few days. [HR][/HR]​
I had this problem. The ignition was getting stuck in the "start" position.. I took it to a local shop and they identified it as that and said that if I left it as is, I could burn out the starter really fast.
A few quick squirts of graphite lube in the ignition solved this problem pretty quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.