VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my car for the 10k checkup today, with ASR, ABS, Worn Brake light on after chains, (posted about this earlier). Called them a few minutes ago and they said that the ABS cable was damaged and there was a repair kit that cost about 175$, but it doesnt fall under warrenty?...arggg just another headache today.
<---ya dont even know why i asked about the warrenty thing, just did not want to hear the 175$ for the cable to be fixed.
X

[Modified by X-Faith, 4:47 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: ABS Line Damaged from Chains, repair cost 175$? (X-Faith)

What kind of chains? Snow chains?
Why would it fall under warranty. The chains did the damage. The part didn't fail.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ABS Line Damaged from Chains, repair cost 175$? (Jman5000)

Yea snow cables or what ever they are called. I was just hoping it was nothing major and then hearing its going to cost 175 for it, its just one of those days, where nothing seems to fall into place if you know what i mean. Was supposed to go get an apartment today or @ least put the down payment, place i am living now has no hot water
. Basically trying to sort things out w/ just moving to the area, and did not want to have any headaches. (Guess thats what i get for driving to Lake Tahoe fm San Diego on Thanksgiving Weekend)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts