VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this vehicle a couple of months ago, its 2017 Tiguan Limited, last week the errors above came on but if i turn my car off and back on they will disappear. I have even had them come on while i was driving but the car didnt stop working? the brakes still worked and then they eventually turned off while driving. Could this be a battery issue or a wheel speed sensor?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You really need to have the vehicle scanned to know what the problem is. Your brakes will work, but the ABS function likely will not, so you really should get it diagnosed and repaired as it is a safety issue. It could possibly be a wheel speed sensor issue, but not likely a battery issue.

On that car, if the ABS is not reading the sensors correctly the tire pressure system will also not work properly as is uses differences in tire rotation speeds to determine if a tire is going flat. It could be an issue with a sensor, a connection or even a wheel bearing. I just had one that had the lights for the ABS, ESP and TPMS all come on, with a fault that said "Right front wheel speed sensor, mechanical fault". The issue was actually with the wheel bearing. There is a magnetic ring in the wheel bearing assembly that the ABS speed sensor reads and it had been damaged, possibly by a rock or other debris that somehow got jammed in it. There were no noises or other issues, Not a cheap repair, but it fixed the issue.

I am not saying that is your problem; only that there are many things that can cause the system not to work. The diagnostics built in are very good, so it should be fairly simple to diagnose, although it must be done with VW specific diagnostic tools, like the factory scan tools or others like VCDS or OBD Eleven.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.