VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

The car in question is a VW Jetta 06.

I have recently noticed how, during the journey (around motorway speed) it can suddenly start to rattle a bit from the brake pedal while giving rise to a ticking sound. The rattle is not really physical, but occurs mostly as a sound. When this happens, it feels like the car is slowing down a bit..? Example. 95 -> 90 km/h if I have constant gas. I have no lights on for ABS errors or error codes for that matter. I've been told that it may come from cracks in the abs wreaths (rings) on the front axle but i would really appreciate some feedback from you guys!

Note that the sound comes in intervalls and disappears after like 10 seconds, recurs approximately every 5-10 km

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Do not believe it is the tone ring because you have no error or codes. The rings are a part of the wheel bearings so if you think that is your issue you will have to replace the wheel bearing/hub assembly. With a proper scan to you should be able to view / log wheel speed sensors for issues and see if it matches with what you are hearing / feeling.

·
Registered
333 Posts
OH-MY i replaced my ABS sensor $50 on a 2001 Jetta no codes BUT it pulsed even without slipping, pull the wheel + lookie!! good luck $$$, for anything newer!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts