VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I had my cc second generation 1.8t cdaa engine. The engine was quite stressful and I decided to do a retrofit . I installed the MK5 BWA 2.0 engine successfully with the harness and trans. Car has been moving nicely. My only issue is the ABS .I have all the abs lights on. I understand that the two frameworks are different as I moved backwards . The error I keep getting is abs is incorrectly coded . I have tried even with dealer grade hardware and software but to no success. So I was thinking to retrofit the mk5 abs pump as everything else is ok. Will this work? will electronic parking brake be affected. ?
would a swap effectively help? I have part numbers of a mk5 cc or a b6 Passat which one should I go for?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
What year is your CC?

What’s the part number of your ABS?

What region are you from as I don’t recall CC’s ever having a 1.8T???

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
What year is your CC?

What’s the part number of your ABS?

What region are you from as I don’t recall CC’s ever having a 1.8T???
Definitely outside of North America. Looks like OP profile show Kenya flag(its very small hard to tell)? CCs came with many different engines(gas and diesel) outside of US.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Definitely outside of North America. Looks like OP profile show Kenya flag(its very small hard to tell)? CCs came with many different engines(gas and diesel) outside of US.
I know that Passat B6/EuroB7/CC all came with a few different engine/trans layouts but not a 1.8T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Kenya . Asia versions have a 1.8 and 1.4 t

This is my abs part number 3AA 614 109 AG and my car is late 2012 generation 2

It seems it is not compatible with the new mk5 2.0 BWA engine I put in

Should I get an earlier version of the abs maybe from a gen 1 cc?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
To go back to older ABS, a lot of things will need to be replaced and or changed. It wouldn’t help you anyway.

In coding 3AA ABS, engine & trans combination are part of the coding. 2.0 naturally aspirated engines aren’t part of the coding list(so far) but you can use 2.0T & DSG/Auto or 2.0T & manual depending on your setup.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Okay, when coding a 3AA ABS, part of the coding string is based on what the engine/trans combo is. So, since you had a 1.8T & ??? Trans, you had a coding for that engine/trans combo. Now that you are running a 2.0/DSG, the coding in the ABS string will need to be changed but there isn’t a coding for 2.0/DSG, only 2.0T so maybe trying 2.0T/DSG coding may work.

As for 3C0 ABS, the wiring & epb button & 3C0/3C8 epb module are different. Not to mention 3C0 ABS doesn’t work well with 3AA CCM and ELV(steering column lock).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts