VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with another show season halfway over, and a few minor shows here and there till H2Oi kicks off (which is pretty much the party that sends us into the cold, non-dub friendly months) i'm starting this thread for all of you mid-atlantic enthusiasts because, if you think about it, honestly is there any other region this hardcore about what we do? The answer is no, I think we dub harder then the Germans and Austrians combined. With NJ topping off the list, i would have to say PA, CT, MD, NY, and DE have more VW/Audi love then anywhere else in North America. Sure Cali and Florida have loads of VWs as well, but they also have loads of money and which ever direction you turn your head you will see some sort of supercar, fully-loaded tuner (even if it is a "tuner" car they still have 20grand+ dished into it's after-market arsenal), and who can miss the trucks that any of us can drive our sleds under?
So who wants to get an organized cruise for H2Oi and maybe some decals made up, all meet somewhere, and if you can't or don't want to drive out of your way, just meet up with us along the way at somepoint? Lets show everybody how even though we are strangers, we are a family. When is the last time you say another mk3 with euro textured bumpers and smoked ecodes parked next to you at the local mall, and you look around while shopping trying to see if there is any distinguished way of finding the owner just tell talk VW with him and tell him/her how sick there ride is. Or when you saw a mk4 GLI with black badgless grill and 18" BBS deep dish wheels and didn't go the long way home from work just to cruise with them for a few minutes?
We are not like other car communities where we are selfish and only care abut ourselves and not the others who surf the web for the same parts and attend the same shows. If i see another euro broke on the side of the road, I pull in behind and see if I can be of any help. If we all had hondas, and saw another civic sitting there steaming, we'd blow by WOT with our cannon styled mufflers and vtec the poor guys eardrums at 7grand blowing out bluish smoke. To be honest, after Waterfest 14, we couldn' find any other VWers on the PA turnpike and we ended up with a nicely styled Intergra, I hate rice, and Honda coined the term, but it was styled cleanly, and he even had a non-riced out exhaust system, the parts he had would look nice on a mk3 Jetta to some extent. Well we got a phone call that there were BAD t-storms heading our way, so we waved him off the next exit and took shelter with the owner and his g/f and in the process his car turns off, lost an alternator bolt that kept tension on the accessary belt. If we hadn't waved him off he would have broke down a mile later in bad no visability weather with almost no shoulder to get over onto. So for the next 2 hours in the rain me and him worked out a way to keep the belt tight for his drive up to NY sing a ziptie that the Wawa employees use in place of handcuffs incase of a robbery, and shoelaces to keep the plastic from melting, and he made it home.
Case in point, there should be no drama, just friends helping friends, dubbers dubbing with dubbers, and hours on end of pointless cruising and drinking (afterwords of course) and dubbing it up, helping eachother when needed, making our rides as slammed and fast as possible, the wider the better. Cruising to the mix of the cleanest shaved and slammed mk4 GTI's, the all smoked out mk5's with those beautiful 19 inch wheels and black roofs, to the spray bombed and hood rusted mk2's with their dual smoked rounds with crosshairs, with mk1-mk5 having wide stanced euro stretched tires, lowered, sporty exhausts, roof racks, badgless grills, europlates, and our check engine lights on all the way

-SleVin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.