VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 Jetta. My AC compressor was making a clicking sound so I had the mechanic replaced it with an used one! Anyway, the clicking sound is now intermittent meaning when the car is cold the clicking sound is back( the sound is not as bad as before) but after driving for 30 mins the sound goes away. I am skeptical and wondering if he at all replaced the compressor or just refilled with R134?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If he actually replaced the compressor he should have charged you for a drier as well because its standard procedure to replace it any time the system is opened. When you say it begins to click is the A/C on or off? If its on does the AC begin to blow warm air in between clicks? Have you tried to disconnect the 2 pin connector on the top of the compressor itself to see if the clicking is still present?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sound was coming from the clutch or the great of the compressor so it was more like a rotating clicking or cracking sound. This I knew for sure. So I wanted to make sure if he actually replaced with a new (my case a used one) compressor or just refilled with R134 my old one and gave back to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
im having the same problem. The free spinning pulley is spinning fine, but with the AC off, it seems like the center pulley for the compressor is locking and releasing. more of a clunking sound. not real bad, but im curious about it too. OP, does it go away after a while?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.