VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone was selling the foam bushing that connects the accelerator cable and pedal, that was made out of delrin or polyurethane. Anyone remember who it was? Mine let go this morning and I'm sick of replacing those little buggers.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (wilm13)

quote:[HR][/HR]A while back someone was selling the foam bushing that connects the accelerator cable and pedal, that was made out of delrin or polyurethane. Anyone remember who it was? Mine let go this morning and I'm sick of replacing those little buggers. [HR][/HR]​
Here you go:
http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/Diesel/ForSale/index.shtml#AcceleratorBushing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (wilm13)

why not upgrade to a rubber one that the dealer sells for a couple of bucks.. or swipe one out of an A2?

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (BigCaddyHome)

yeah... A2 bushing work just as well and they are rubber... someday i think i'm going to wish i had gone that route recently....
the BIG advantage to VWCaddy's polyethylene bushing is that there won't be any play to the accellerator... might actually go that route here in the future...

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (PDX Cabby)

How does the rubber on hold the cable since I got an A1 bushing from the dealer and a couple of times my cable has fell out while driving and I would have to pop it back on. I think the reason my idle was so high was from the othe bushing wearing out since my idle now is normal

·
Registered
904 Posts
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (Aw614)

I haven't had a bushing for a long time. Just slip the hook thru the eye and secure with a wire tie. And of course adjust the cable to take out the slack.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Accelerator pedal bushing...... (GDR)

Above was exactly what i was looking for. Thanks guys. I will let you know how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.