VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI, 1993 325is, 1995 Tacoma
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be an embarrassing question but I cannot find the display showing G's on my 2021 Autobahn, display only shows tire pressure and "Drive safely" screens. My 2016 and My wife's '19 GLI both have this display, am I missing something?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I read a post (here or maybe another VW forum) complaining of the same thing. I think someone posted a message from VW that it is a software error on the 2021's and they are working to correct it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I read a post (here or maybe another VW forum) complaining of the same thing. I think someone posted a message from VW that it is a software error on the 2021's and they are working to correct it.
If the Accelerometer (G-Meter) is included in the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI), it's not yet available. Your Monroney sticker probably shows that the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) is "not currently enabled - see Dealer for details". VW hasn't yet written the software to enable it in the 2021's MIB3 system. I'd not guessed that writing the code would be such a difficult challenge. :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the Accelerometer (G-Meter) is included in the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI), it's not yet available. Your Monroney sticker probably shows that the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) is "not currently enabled - see Dealer for details". VW hasn't yet written the software to enable it in the 2021's MIB3 system. I'd not guessed that writing the code would be such a difficult challenge. :confused:
This is the last of the Mk.7.5, not the Mk.8 which is not out in Canada, My 2016 base and my wife's 2019 GLI both have this and it is in the manual. Not sure what a "Monroney" sticker is but they are not here. GTI's here have had this feature since 2015.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
21 GTI SE
475 Posts
2021 SE and Autobahn both have the MIB3, which currently doesn't include the HMI sport gauges - I was told by VW that this will probably happen via an update at the dealer once it's released (however, our head units can also receive 'over the air' updates - so who knows).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just stopping in to say that CFB with those Belvederes w/ red center caps is the hottest factory GTI I’ve ever seen. I’m jealous.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just stopping in to say that CFB with those Belvederes w/ red center caps is the hottest factory GTI I’ve ever seen. I’m jealous.
Pretty happy with the appearance for sure.
fullsizeoutput_3a8a.jpeg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2021 SE and Autobahn both have the MIB3, which currently doesn't include the HMI sport gauges - I was told by VW that this will probably happen via an update at the dealer once it's released (however, our head units can also receive 'over the air' updates - so who knows).
Thanks for that, I have e-mailed VW Canada with no reply and our dealer is mystified as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that, I have e-mailed VW Canada with no reply and our dealer is mystified as well.
I hope this gets settled at some point and now with only 150 kilometres on the car the "lane keep assist' keeps turning itself back on, I was accelerating (gently still) and twice now the steering has been fighting me when it is not wanted.

·
Registered
2021 GTI Autobahn, Cornflower Blue
683 Posts
I hope this gets settled at some point and now with only 150 kilometres on the car the "lane keep assist' keeps turning itself back on, I was accelerating (gently still) and twice now the steering has been fighting me when it is not wanted.
I am also super frustrated with lane keep assist! It's been set off by tar lines on the road instead of just the painted lines. Kinda scared for what it'll be like in snow and ice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am also super frustrated with lane keep assist! It's been set off by tar lines on the road instead of just the painted lines. Kinda scared for what it'll be like in snow and ice.
Thing that bothers me is that I keep turning to off! My wife's 2019 GLI is off and stays that way.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thing that bothers me is that I keep turning to off! My wife's 2019 GLI is off and stays that way.
Exactly, I don't want to have to turn it off every time I start the car....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Exactly, I don't want to have to turn it off every time I start the car....
Is yours acting the same? Finding lane assist on when you start the car even when turning it off? Can you bring up the boost gauge and G-Meter on the infotainment screen? Have you talked to the dealer or VW Canada? I have messaged VW but no response so am calling tomorrow. If anybody else with a '21 GTI has these problems I would like to hear from them

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is yours acting the same? Finding lane assist on when you start the car even when turning it off? Can you bring up the boost gauge and G-Meter on the infotainment screen? Have you talked to the dealer or VW Canada? I have messaged VW but no response so am calling tomorrow. If anybody else with a '21 GTI has these problems I would like to hear from them
Yes, lane assist resets to "on" every time I start the car even though I want it to stay off.

I read elsewhere that the performance monitor isn't on MIB3 yet and is supposedly going to be part of a software update.

Reactions: Fitz Ingarage

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi. Slightly different models in Canada usually but I think that the 2021 GTI is only offered in Autobahn, same as in the States. Besides this the damn lane Assist re engages with every startup and pulled a weird one on me while merging onto a freeway the other day, it decided that a large painted traffic control strip was a danger and pulled me towards the traffic I was merging into, felt like torque steer only much worse. I have started a case file with VW Canada today.

If anybody else out there is experiencing this besides myself and another Vortex contributor from waterloo, Ontario could you please let us know if more information surfaces with this problem. I thought that the last year production of the Mk 7.5 would be the trouble free one......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts