VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 113 Posts

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thx guys, coming along nicely, received the LOCTITE 545 yesterday, woot

Got your email Will, I'll do a manual adjustment, using the automatic feature might damage a tire/fender/axle i think, agreed :beer:

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Driver side done, I kept the sensor closer to the center this time to prevent tire/sensor damage when turning

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Since i've got no welding skills nor tools, I've decided to tap the hole (tap size 5/16-18 NC with 1/4" drill bit)

Added some thread locker and black adhesive sealant, that thing won't come off now :thumbup:

last shipment due next week, woot :beer:

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Trimmed the fender liner (a little too high as shown below). I used two washers to keep the sensor mounting base flat. Pictured below is the suspension fully extended and fully compressed

· Banned
30 Posts
Sensitivity will be low but you are right.
Better to be to short, rather than to long and snap a sensor. :thumbup:
Intuitively this statement makes good sense, but the reality with our sensors and the e-Level system is that as long as you have over 1" of travel, you will not see a noticeable difference in accuracy or performance. This is because the sensor itself puts out an infinitely accurate output by using non-contacting magnetic technology. The e-Level controller will then calibrate to the lower sensor travel and span the total travel to 100%. So definitely staying on the safe side of sensor travel is better than over extending the things :)

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Intuitively this statement makes good sense, but the reality with our sensors and the e-Level system is that as long as you have over 1" of travel, you will not see a noticeable difference in accuracy or performance. This is because the sensor itself puts out an infinitely accurate output by using non-contacting magnetic technology. The e-Level controller will then calibrate to the lower sensor travel and span the total travel to 100%. So definitely staying on the safe side of sensor travel is better than over extending the things :)
thanks for the clarification Reno, I'm glad I didn't waste time :D

Rear Driver side done, last sensor picture promised :p

EDIT: OffLineR was right, the rear sensor travel is too short. After doing the auto calibration on page 2 the rocker switch showed a warning about that. I'll have to move the ball further in the rear. I'll post picture :beer:

· Registered
224 Posts
Wow.
That's awesome :thumbup:

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Some Exo Compressor mount and rolling action today, FUN ! :D

Note: I re-arranged the compressor feet using a few washers to line up the holes and keep the EXO mount+compressor balanced (both side equally weighted)

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
how much of that did you pick up? and where?

I should apply some while the truck setup is getting redone.
I used 9 sheets of 1.67 sq. feet each ($100 CAD total) locally picked up at Hotrod Corner in Surrey BC,

check out the dealer page on the secondskin website :thumbup:

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
another test fit before drilling and screwing. Also added an insulation foam layer on Compressor/tank vertical board

21 - 40 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.