VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 · (Edited)
Looks killa

Sweet build bro :beer::thumbup:
:beer::beer::thumbup::thumbup:

Installed the airflow today, redid an auto calibration and re-calibrated my presets, now lets see how it behaves :)

Something i wasn't expecting, I slowed down the deflation approximately in half but the inflation remained about the same speed, thats due to the difference in pressure between the TANK & BAGS i think.

EDIT: turned out those flow controls adjust ONE way only, I had to have two per lines to fully control the dump and raise speed, I'll just do the rear for now and maybe get a two way flow control later on for the front

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Got my first winter side effect today, the accuair pressure sensor froze overnight, the ECU couldnt read the tank pressure on my morning commute (it ran the compressor for a minute and shut it with a flashing error code). Sensor worked fine on my way back in the evening after being parked underground all day. I guess I'll try adding some antifreeze this week.

No problems with valves thx god, I know my tank+water trap is doing its job.

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
Sometimes the answer is right in front of you...

I you read my previous post, you'll see that i struggled to find a solution to avoid having the compressor kick in while waiting for the glow plug to heat up, I tried connecting a timer relay between the accuair orange ignition wire and the car but that never worked even though the relay was 12v compatible, I then connected that same wire to my OEM euro switch so that the air management would only be powered if parking light was ON, that worked out quite well but still not perfect because i usually leave it off during the day so I had to turn it on EVERYTIME

Today i realized that i could wire it to the stereo deck, I always have the radio ON so I know i'll always have the accuair on by default but when i need to heat up the glow plug or carry passenger (who don't want to be scared/bothered with compressor/valve noises) I'll just click that OFF radio button :heart::heart::heart::D:p:p:mad::mad::D:D:D simple, free and PERFECT

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Stellar writeup man.

I'm about a week away from buying this exact setup except I'll be getting the touch-pad and not the rocker switch.

If you could do it all over again, would you go with the E-level system? I rarely have people other than myself in my car, and rarely load it with anything other than a case of beer :D so my question is the E-level worth the extra $700?

Thanks man.

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Stellar writeup man.

I'm about a week away from buying this exact setup except I'll be getting the touch-pad and not the rocker switch.

If you could do it all over again, would you go with the E-level system? I rarely have people other than myself in my car, and rarely load it with anything other than a case of beer :D so my question is the E-level worth the extra $700?

Thanks man.
Hey thanks, It all depend on how much you care for "set it and forget it". Even if you don't change your load often, you'll still end up checking your height a lot without e-level (leaks/temperature fluctuation/your mind playing tricks lol). If i could do it all over gain ? E-level no questions asked ! (actually a must for my wife who drives it sometimes)

hey, where did you get that thread sealing loctite? i was looking for it at home depot and when i asked the guy about he didnt know crap. i imagine its easier and cleaner look then teflon tape.
Answered here, imo it seals better but can be messy if you decide to unscrew the fitting later on

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey thanks, It all depend on how much you care for "set it and forget it". Even if you don't change your load often, you'll still end up checking your height a lot without e-level (leaks/temperature fluctuation/your mind playing tricks lol). If i could do it all over gain ? E-level no questions asked ! (actually a must for my wife who drives it sometimes)
Excellent. Thanks.

· Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
she's been totalled :(, partly my fault for choosing a shop with high labour rate (Insurance says its too late to chose a different shop and buying the car back is not worth it)

RIP, I'll miss you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:.

I'll probably move on to a Touareg TDI, a baby is being planned with the wife so a bigger car will help.

for those who wonder what happened: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5678103-Grateful-everyone-is-safe

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help/support/feedback/comments, appreciated cheers :beer:

· Registered
7,622 Posts
she's been totalled :(, partly my fault for choosing a shop with high labour rate (Insurance says its too late to chose a different shop and buying the car back is not worth it)

RIP, I'll miss you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:.

I'll probably move on to a Touareg TDI, a baby is being planned with the wife so a bigger car will help.

for those who wonder what happened: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5678103-Grateful-everyone-is-safe

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help/support/feedback/comments, appreciated cheers :beer:
Sorry to hear, always hard to lose your baby. :heart:

101 - 113 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.