VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

261 - 280 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Teaser pic. Rears are coming tomorrow, prep & install over the weekend. :)

Carrera Sport wheels? If so, fantastic choice. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
F****** C*cktease. Can we at least get dimensions!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #268

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #277 (Edited)
New Wheels & Tires

:wave:

KrisA called it...19" O.Z. Leggera HLT with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. :thumbup: I do prefer BBS wheels but if I'm doing that, I'm going with LMs and those are too pricey right now. I also like the fact that these wheels will make the car a little more unique and while I can pop in the Porsche center caps, I'm gonna leave the OZ ones for now as the carbon fiber look fits the monochromatic theme of the car.

Old setup:

18x8 ET57 | 235/40R18
18x9 ET43 | 265/40R18

New setup:

19x8.5 ET53 | 235/35R19
19x10 ET40 | 265/35R19

The similar offsets allowed me to not worry about spacers, although I plan on getting an alignment since the suspension has also settled since last June. IIRC, I'm at max camber on the rears but toe can still be adjusted.

I ordered the set from Tire Rack and paid for new tire pressure sensors since a) I can't install them myself and b) not sure when they've been replaced (if at all). They're the standard 433 Mhz sensors for Porsche and after driving for half a mile, they were already transmitting pressures so that was nice.

The front combo is only 0.4 lbs heavier (1% increase) and the rear only adds 1 lb (2% increase). New setup circled in red:

New wheel bolts.

Cleaned the light coat of dirt off using Simple Green and then a final wipe with water.

Had great success using this ceramic coating on the M5 wheels, so that was repeated here.

Big improvement is big.

No issues clearing the shocks.

Definitely a bit more poke.

96 ft-lbs.

And here we are. :)

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Then I did some light painting in the garage. This was just using a flashlight but at some point I'd like to do this again outside using a softbox, and make sure that OZ logos are aligned correctly. Probably would look more professional without my feet in there too. :laugh:

261 - 280 of 430 Posts