VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 430 Posts

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice!

I guess you had to buy another one. Any reasons for buying one with many more miles this time around?
Thanks! Had to get one with so many miles to make it affordable given the mortgage and all that jazz.

Nice. Does one “have to have” a Cayman S to enjoy a Cayman? Are the base cars good enough? Do you feel like you’re missing out? I like Caymans as well but wonder if the premium for an S is really worth it.
For my primary purposes (daily driver & spirited canyon runs), the base is 100% adequate. I get to ring it out more and use more of its potential, similar to the Miata. But I also never felt like I had too much power with my S.

Nice looking Porsche. Did you trade the Miata?
No, they offered $4,500 for it (much more than I thought) but I'll be selling it myself; got a couple people interested to see it this weekend.

I came in for 2000's Swedish Pop music.....
Did you see The Sign?

My ****ing man.

And you didn’t have any good pictures, paaalleeaasseeee :laugh:

Congrats Kiz. Just be careful they’re a little unruly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:laugh:

I mean, I didn't have any till last night! I like to put out a quality product, nomsayin'?

Nice! Any plans to upgrade the car in any way or enjoying as is?
Thanks! My wallet would prefer the "as is" approach but...yeah, that's not gonna be the case.

Near-term plans are lowering springs with long-term plans including a different exhaust (maybe).

Congrats---that's about the perfect porsche sports car. I've seen your other thread with the M5, so any mechanical items that need to be addressed or is this in pretty perfect condition?
I'll be doing a tune-up with some basic items soon. Clutch & flywheel were replaced at 64k miles which is kinda early. If it was caused by too many clutch dumps, they clearly short shifted based on the over-rev report. Shifter cables are also on my list as they're a known weak point.

It's no CLA AMG but I suppose it'll do.

Congrats!
:laugh:

I knew you never believed the original story but did you guess it could be this?

Welcome to the 987.2 (base) club! Who cares about the low end, getting that flat 6 to sing is where the fun is.
Truth! :beer:

You suck at parking.
100% accurate.

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed that you're not resurrecting the NB all the way. But congrats on the Cayman. Beautiful car and looks like a lot of fun. :thumbup:
I know. :(

That would've been satisfying as well but at least I still made it better than what it was when I got it.

Since we're all posting pictures of our "lowly" base Cayman .2's...

My only knock with mine is the stock 17" Cayman II wheels. I love the style of them, just they're an inch too small in diameter and width. Plan is to pickup some 18" wheels soon, but keep the 17's for "all season" DWS Contis.
Looks good! :thumbup:

I'm not in love with my wheels, but I don't hate them either. I agree that 18" would look better and just the right size; anything bigger doesn't suit the car IMHO.

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
And so I did. And somehow, some way, I ended up with this Ace:

Lastly to my OT brethren who thought I got a CLA, my deepest, most sincere, heartfelt apologies. :laugh:
Nice pickup :thumbup:

Way better than a ratty NB.

And yes, you're an ******* for the CLA tease.

But you redeemed yourself.

Enjoy the Porsche.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice pickup

Way better than a ratty NB.

And yes, you're an ******* for the CLA tease.

But you redeemed yourself.

Enjoy the Porsche.

Word.

Congrats dude! That will be a ton of fun in the canyons around you.
Thanks man! Looking forward to sorting some things out and going up on an off Friday. At least I know I won't have any issues with being pulled over for off-throttle noises.

·
Premium Member
12,577 Posts
Congrats, and despite not knowing you personally, could see something from a mile away. The appeal of a Cayman is hard to pass on.

Getting the base 987.2 has many appeals, including a 9A1 without direct injection. All the benefits of the 9A1 without the carbon buildup issue. :thumbup:

·
Registered
21,607 Posts
Very nice! I had a one owner 80k mile base 987.2 lined up for $17k before buying the 993, was ready to fly out and grab it then found the 993 and backed out of the deal. Now that I realize how much of a steal that would have been, I keep kicking myself for not buying both :facepalm: :D.

·
987.1 Cayman S, MK4 R32, S124 E320
12,762 Posts
This and the similarly optioned 987.2 Cayman on BaT are making it really hard to ignore these! If you don't mind sharing, about what did the car cost?

·
Super Moderator
6,973 Posts
I recently drove a base Cayman. They’re so nicely balanced and sweet, perfect example of how you don’t need big hp to enjoy a car when everything works so well. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This and the similarly optioned 987.2 Cayman on BaT are making it really hard to ignore these! If you don't mind sharing, about what did the car cost?
Yeah, these are definitely in the sweet spot in terms of looks, power, and reliability.

If you don't buy one of these, you can spend that cash on a base Malibu instead.

21 - 40 of 430 Posts