VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Re: ACT clutch. (Tybolltt)

I do NOT have first hand experience with ACT clutches but a co-worker of mine does. He's a honda boy but is really into the whole power/racing scene. He dislikes them b/c in his opinion they are not strong enough, I think he said he went through two sets.
I went with Clutchmasters and up until now I love 'em. I'm sporting their Stage 3 Clutch and it rocks, that thing is solid until now. Mind you I hammer on my car. I'm using a 2 liter tranny 020, I know it's not the same app as yours but nevertheless they make a good product.
I think Billy T uses their stuff as well.

·
Registered
25,383 Posts
Re: ACT clutch. (1.8T A2)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I went with Clutchmasters and up until now I love 'em. I'm sporting their Stage 3 Clutch and it rocks, that thing is solid until now. [HR][/HR]​
ALexander- You say "until now"? Is there a problem now?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Re: ACT clutch. (OoNaveLoO)

Feels smooth, almost like stock. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
When I first got in my car after the clutch was installed I was kind of skeptical
about weather it was installed or not cause it felt so smooth. But I can assure you it's there, I mean I'm running the 1.8T powerplant + GAIC on a 97 2 liter Jetta tranny.
That sucka grabs like a mofo
. Mind you though, I have an 89 GTI

[Modified by 1.8T A2, 7:24 AM 12-5-2001]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.