VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months and months of debating....I ended up buying this setup from coximports. They did 15% off and free shipping. Ordered it on Monday...ACT was out till Friday, drop shipped on Friday and I had it on Monday so I was happy.

The reason for upgrading was the fact that the centerforce could barely hold 10psi and at 15psi on the dyno...it was over. Once full boost hit...it just spun.
The pedal is MUCH lower to the floor and you don't have to let up to far till it's FULLY engaged. It doesn't chatter per say but it does chatter your teeth in first

It just doesn't like to be slipped. It's a lot easier to fully engage the car and roll into the gas.
Either way...I was able to boost to 15psi on the 16vT on the street and it blew my mind! Shifting from 1st to 2nd and on is GREAT. It doesn't slip at all and feels perfect.
I would NOT recommend this for a daily driven car. My old centerforce setup was much more user friendly but couldn't handle the h/p.
Running c16 and 15psi with 25 degrees advance at full boost is fun

Just to let ya'll know...I'm hittin the dyno again this week and will be racing in two weeks.
Peace,
Jason

wonder what it will do on 15psi and c16 VP fuel?

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: ACT H/D PP and 6 puck installed. My thoughts... (vdubspeed)

How many straps at each of the three locations on the pressure plate?
With our SCCA G & H Production Dubs, we have started using a PP with three straps at each location to eliminate breakage. Regards, WWR.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ACT H/D PP and 6 puck installed. My thoughts... (WackyWabbitRacer)

WWR - it's only single strapped. I had thought about doubling it up and perhaps using bolts but I've never had one fail...yet.
Hare - Then call me a panzy
I drove it on the street the other day to see how I liked it. I LOVE the clutch but...I'll take my bone stock 91 16V and A/C as my daily driver ANYDAY.
Jim - Thanks for the compliments. Your manifold is being put to good use http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Now I need to man up and buy one of your intake manifolds

·
Banned
612 Posts
Re: ACT H/D PP and 6 puck installed. My thoughts... (vdubspeed)

Umm...Ive broken 2 single strap 16v preasure plates and had a friend break an aditional 2. They DO NOT hold up to hard daily driven use. (2.0 16v modded & 2.0 8v Built) I HIGHLY suggest you find another plate and at least double up your straps and get some nice hardened bolts for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.