VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, apologies if this thread is in the wrong place.

I just recently picked up a 2020 Arteon R-Line SEL Premium. Love the car so much.

I have been just messing around with everything to figure out what all it's capable of tech-wise.

I was wondering if there's a way to change the displayed values for those available in the Active Info Display?

For example, I can change the view for what shows up inside the gauges on this view. Along comes some presets, however you can pick what you want on each side through the infotainment screen:

Here i have selected Economy on the left, and Range on the right:

As you can see in the middle, I also have an "Economy" display, which is the Active consumption, as compared to the left value which is Long-term.

From previous VW ownership, I know you can toggle between these values when they have some sort of significance on your display. Is there any way I can change the Long-Term value inside the gauge on the left side to be the Active Consumption Value???? Kind of like on my MK6 GLI when you had consumption up you could just hit the OK button and it would switch between long term, short term, and active.

I feel that I could make much more use out of the display that way, since Apple CarPlay is my go-to in terms of Navigation/Audio (and i feel that it is quite superior). Having these options would allow for those 2, plus gear, speed, tach, and speedo; instead of the classic which is literally just gear on the left, and speed on the right, surrounded by the tach / speedo

I am not against going into the code and trying to figure things out. I am a software engineer by trade, so I am capable of it, I just don't know where to start / how to even see it.

Thanks for reading! I'll appreciate any advice given.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don’t understand why “Gear” and “Speed” are options under the two configurations “Auto” and “Classic” but you can’t have it under one of the custom “View 1/2/3”. Does anyone know how to get “gear” or “speed” in these other custom view options?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts