VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Back in 1998 I was in Seattle for several weeks and visited a few classic car dealers as they seem to have great old euro stuff in PacNW. One of those dealers had a Fulvia Zagato that I fell in love with, didn't test drive but did sit in and inspect, asking price was rather reasonable too but I didn't have $11,000 on hand at the time. LOL

A memory recently revisited by seeing this pic:

Also,
the new Countach is size XL:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Car Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

:

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

:

Motorbike edition:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

:

Neat to see F1 scale comparison of different eras:

Outerwear Red Font Event Fictional character

Was too lazy to find Ferrari then-vs-now because SF21 specs seemed buried deep or sumthin and didn't wanna bother on the egg hunt,
so went with the silver arrows instead,
the current 2021 Mercedes has a 145.5" wheelbase versus the 1954 W196's wheelbase which was 92.5"

·
Registered
The car so nice I bought it twice
1,869 Posts
View attachment 151687

The Elan makes the Yaris look like bloat mobile!

Pic from Harry in his excellent review of long term ownership:

I saw an Elan in a Pep Boys parking lot once. Shockingly small, even as a small person (but not a little person) it looked comically undersized. There's a guy at our local autocross with a Europa and it looks like a 3/4 scale model. I would be terrified to drive one on the interstate, you have a visual footprint not much larger than a motorcycle but with less agility than said motorcycle

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Oooo. Not sure if this car was covered elsewhere in the thread, but the Fiat 126 aka "maluch" always comes to mind.

Couldn't find one next to a modern car but these are tiny! The perspective next to the guy (who I presume is the owner) should do it.

I remember when I went to Poland to visit family I was soo intrigued by how small the car was... My uncle took me on a country road and let me drive his maluch! Was literally the first time I ever drove stick too so it was an extra special moment I'll never forget! I think I was 16 at the time. Might I add, my uncle daily'd this car for 10+years and he is 6'5". They upgraded to a 4 door when they had their 3rd child. All I could think about at the time was how can I import one to the US! Which reminds me, maybe I should start thinking about that again...

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
40,620 Posts

141 - 160 of 174 Posts