VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Acura DN-X Concept (ClownCar)

Hm,
That looks exactly like the Honda Dualnote that debuted at Tokyo last year (wonder if Honda will produce this friendly bad boy under the Acura name?!)

Info from the 2001 Tokyo Show:
October 18, 2001 – Honda will present Dualnote, a new-generation hybrid engine concept vehicle at the Tokyo Motor Show. A mid-engined, 4-seater coupe, it delivers both performance and efficiency.
The exterior features a combination of flowing and angular elements, with airflow a major theme. The front fenders extend into a large wing form over the low hood. The triangular rear lamps frame large air outlets, which together with air intakes over the rear wheels, dominate the rear end design.
A 3.5 litre i-VTEC V6 together with an additional electric motor/generator drives the rear wheels, while two electric motors drives front wheels. The drive torque for each front wheel are controlled by computer to enhance the car's handling stablity. Total output power is 400ps. Honda claims that the fuel efficiency is 5.56 litre per 100km.

[Modified by pallison14, 11:09 AM 3-18-2002]

G

·
Re: Acura DN-X Concept (pallison14)

The rumor about the Dualnote at Tokyo was that it foreshadowed the next generation Legend/RL, in at least that the car would use a hybrid powertrain rather than an eight-cylinder to produce power competitive with the Q45 and LS430.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Acura DN-X Concept (bgluckman)

Hmm, I recall reading that the technology would resemble the next NSX. It's been awhile, so I might be mistaken.
I'm not sold on the deisgn, but the technology rocks!
quote:[HR][/HR]The rumor about the Dualnote at Tokyo was that it foreshadowed the next generation Legend/RL, in at least that the car would use a hybrid powertrain rather than an eight-cylinder to produce power competitive with the Q45 and LS430.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

This has got to have something to do with the NSX. Either it's a styling exercise that gives us cues of the next 2-seater NSX or the NSX is going to go the way of the RX-8 and morph into a 4-seater.
If this is the replacement for the traditional Acura RL sedan, instead of buying a 3-series for my next car, I'll buy an A4 (yes, I'm that confident).

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

intersting, just don't call the racing version the DN-F

obin

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Re: Acura DN-X Concept (A4Jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]You meant as "high" as a minivan?
[HR][/HR]​
like the height of the vehicle....in inches, feet, meters, whatever floats your boat...didnt think it was rocket science...
-b

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: Acura DN-X Concept (JastorVW)

it could be those are normal sized mirrors.
and maybe the car is just huge.
those rims *could* be 40 inchers.
and the people... are giants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.