VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our buddies over at Jalopnik have procured some photos of some guy who might win the prize of "most defensive prototype engineer" for his brave yet not-so-successful use of a high-powered flashlight last night. Oh, but also, there's a new Acura crossover in the photo, or so we're told. We just see a funny looking thing covered with black cloth. Anyway, the new Acura was spied during night testing, and the photographer who snagged the pictures is claiming that this will be Acura's answer to sleek crossovers like the BMW X6 or the Infiniti FX. Furthermore, the first TL mules were spied in similar fashion this time last year, so the photographer predicts the new vehicle will be out by next fall. Now that this plan is out in the open, Acura's going to need bigger flashlights.

http://jalopnik.com/399850/new...sting

· Registered
2019 Golf R + 2022 XC90 PHEV
7,717 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
the first competitor to the car nobody asked for

Exactly.

With that said though, how the hell can they tell what brand it is? It has absolutely no visible distinguishing characteristics.

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX Limited
25,198 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (chucchinchilla)

Blah, blah, blah.
The X6 is doing quite well for itself. Obviously it has been the answer thousands of customers.

G

·
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (VarianceVQ)

Quote, originally posted by VarianceVQ »
The X6 is doing quite well for itself. Obviously it has been the answer thousands of customers.

Honestly, I think you could stick a BMW badge on the side of a house and it would sell these days. It'll be interesting, to say the least, if somebody without BMW's brand cachet (say...Acura) tries to replicate the X6's success.

· Registered
'19 Subaru Forester with the no-faster stripes
60,975 Posts

....but about which a lot of people are going, hey, that looks pretty dope, I could see myself driving that.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (Swallow Doretti)

Quote, originally posted by Swallow Doretti »

Honestly, I think you could stick a BMW badge on the side of a house and it would sell these days.

ZING!

· Banned
2,380 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (SickWrathTerror)

The way Acura styling is these days, they'd be better off selling the car with the camo over it.

· Registered
21,827 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (LuckyDogg)

Quote, originally posted by LuckyDogg »

With that said though, how the hell can they tell what brand it is? It has absolutely no visible distinguishing characteristics.

Type-R flashlight, duh...

· Banned
9,038 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (uncleho)

These photos with heavily camo'd mule vehicles are pointless. Why people insist on posting them with any trace of serious intent baffles me. I mean really what can you extract from that image?

· Registered
18,478 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (kwik!gti)

Quote, originally posted by kwik!gti »
These photos with heavily camo'd mule vehicles are pointless. Why people insist on posting them with any trace of serious intent baffles me. I mean really what can you extract from that image?

That they have a new model.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Re: Acura to Build X6-fighting Coupe-Ute Thingy, Probably Coming Next Year (Swallow Doretti)

Quote, originally posted by Swallow Doretti »

Honestly, I think you could stick a BMW badge on the side of a house and it would sell these days.

· Registered
445 Posts
In my humble opinion the MDX is one of the best looking SUV's out right now, I think if they gave it the right treatment it could certainly compete in the looks department. There clearly seems to be a market segment for this class of vehicle.

· Registered
8,908 Posts

The world waits with closed arms....yet another guzzler for the smoking pile.....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.