VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
461 - 480 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, nice build thread. I am thing about to install Spulen pipe for my Golf R Mk7, any comment after installation? Any improvement? Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Hi, nice build thread. I am thing about to install Spulen pipe for my Golf R Mk7, any comment after installation? Any improvement? Thanks so much in advance.
It's a pretty easy install. Truthfully, I installed a lot on the same day so I can't say how much of a difference it made but I haven't had any issues since install.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Of course the ultimate solution is to just remove all 3 of them IF you seldom/never have anybody back there...and even if you do I really doubt they will notice the lack of head rests..;)
They are head RESTRAINTS - and if you were involved in a car crash you could be sued into the stratosphere for removing safety equipment. Your insurance company may even not cover you for it as well.

Do NOT put people in the back without the head restraints. It's the same as removing seatbelts.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
AdamChandler's 2016 Golf R "Bertha" Build Thread

Update on the ECS Engine Bay beautification / Vagazaling.

I didn't replace the oil filter housing because I was waiting to do an oil-change first but then I cracked my oil pan so had the mechanic install it. Engine bay looks pretty..not really any functional improvements.
Looks great! I'm in the midst of doing the same. 3/5 done. (Just Ordered the Washer resevoir cap, and have yet to put on the oil filter cover).

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wheels look great Adam. Sorry to see your trials and tribulations today with the poor tire mounting on the other threads but it looks like you got things sorted out same day. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
Wheels look great Adam. Sorry to see your trials and tribulations today with the poor tire mounting on the other threads but it looks like you got things sorted out same day. :thumbup:
looks good man! love the wheels

Thanks guys!!!

Looks great! Nice contrast with the mirror caps! :thumbup:

Exactly the look I was going for!!!

I posted a blog post w/ a lot of photos & decision behind going FlowForm - https://adamchandler.me/blog/2016/0...michelin-pilot-super-sport-summer-tire-setup/

Edit: Hey look, 20 pages!!! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Very nice

Been to this thread twice in two days. Really digging the wheels. (you may note I have a 20AE and it has wheels that are fairly similar, Aristo's) Nonetheless, your car looks great with the new shoes. Rockem' hard.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Been to this thread twice in two days. Really digging the wheels. (you may note I have a 20AE and it has wheels that are fairly similar, Aristo's) Nonetheless, your car looks great with the new shoes. Rockem' hard.
thank you so much! It's been a blast sharing progress with people. I'm amazed both at the support but also at the really good advice I've gotten. :peace:

461 - 480 of 662 Posts