VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
641 - 660 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I spray some lube on my Millworks bracket because I noticed it was getting sticky. Hopefully I’ll avoid it “rusting” into one piece. You might be able to get yours apart with a pb blaster soak.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
I spray some lube on my Millworks bracket because I noticed it was getting sticky. Hopefully I’ll avoid it “rusting” into one piece. You might be able to get yours apart with a pb blaster soak.
You're right, replacing it probably wasn't necessary but I was just sort of over it. I'll take up your advice and clean it up, re-paint or powder coat and then maybe sell it for a discount. The new solution is working for now.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You're right, replacing it probably wasn't necessary but I was just sort of over it. I'll take up your advice and clean it up, re-paint or powder coat and then maybe sell it for a discount. The new solution is working for now.
I’m impressed how my Millworks hasn’t moved a millimeter in 30K miles. It even took a rock that put a nice ding on the plate and the mount didn’t budge.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Installed RS3 ignition coils and new interior trim piece due to some rattling at high speeds & cosmetic scuffs. Turns out all I needed was new clips but either way, new piano black does look great!

*will put video here when done editing*
man, if you were already replacing the trim you should've gone all the way and upgraded to the 8" screen.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 · (Edited)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm blown away by the fitment of this liner. I should have done this 4 years ago! Incredible fit, very rugged, well priced for the custom nature of it. Only issue being the lead time when ordering being almost 2 months.
This looks really cool but how do you secure your dog? I used to keep my guy loose but for the past year or so have been strapping him in with a harness crashed tested at a NHTSA approved facility (https://ruffwear.com/products/load-up-harness), and so have a decent back-seat cover. The obvious drawback is that it makes it sort of uncomfortable for passengers... I either remove the seat cover temporarily, or they sit on dried mud/dirt/dust (we spend a lot of time outdoors :).

I was rear-ended pretty badly at the beginning of the summer with the dog in the car (strapped in) and he was totally fine. Was very thankful for the harness... he would have went flying.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
This looks really cool but how do you secure your dog? I used to keep my guy loose but for the past year or so have been strapping him in with a harness crashed tested at a NHTSA approved facility (https://ruffwear.com/products/load-up-harness), and so have a decent back-seat cover. The obvious drawback is that it makes it sort of uncomfortable for passengers... I either remove the seat cover temporarily, or they sit on dried mud/dirt/dust (we spend a lot of time outdoors :).

I was rear-ended pretty badly at the beginning of the summer with the dog in the car (strapped in) and he was totally fine. Was very thankful for the harness... he would have went flying.

Love the harness. will do some research. We have a Trav-ALL rear pet guard for the SportWagen and we'll be adding the Canvas Back and removing the Muddy Buddy that's there now. From there, I think the harness is a good idea.

Here's an install video of the pet guard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQFqDvVFfwc

·
Registered
369 Posts
Stage II = RS stock

LOL Stage II on Golf R is about the same as my stock RS performance was :confused::D:D:confused::confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just in case someone asks, I still own Bertha. She's sitting at 44,000 miles today and while I tried one year ago to sell her, no one took me up on my insane asking price. After 200 miles of driving on Saturday, I'm glad no one did and I get to keep her for a little while longer if I can:
This makes me happy to read, I'm in the same boat, tried to sell her at the end of last summer/early fall and only one serious bite who backed out last minute. I'm glad I didn't and ended up getting the bilstein DCC coils because of your review. Just waiting for one other part to get shipped to me so I can get them put on.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hello from the Seacoast! Nice build!
Man, I'm just seeing this post now. I wonder if this guy is still around. He's just one town over from me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
More details on the new Bimmer please :wave:

Just in case someone asks, I still own Bertha. She's sitting at 44,000 miles today and while I tried one year ago to sell her, no one took me up on my insane asking price. After 200 miles of driving on Saturday, I'm glad no one did and I get to keep her for a little while longer if I can:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
More details on the new Bimmer please :wave:
Here's the full story behind it but in short, got a great deal on a classic, then it didn't fit me so I stripped it down and rebuilt it and then had a shop customize the front end with some powder coating: https://advrider.com/f/threads/adamchandlers-felicity-1995-k75rt-build-thread.1369965/

This makes me happy to read, I'm in the same boat, tried to sell her at the end of last summer/early fall and only one serious bite who backed out last minute. I'm glad I didn't and ended up getting the bilstein DCC coils because of your review. Just waiting for one other part to get shipped to me so I can get them put on.

Good buy! I love my shocks. On our long drive to Portland on Saturday, the frost heaves were in full force and these shocks just ate up the bumps with ease. It was great, love the cornering feeling and I really missed the Golf R's steering response (simulated or not due to ride control), such a FUN car. Seriously!!!!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Bertha got a big Brother this weekend. Happy to have a new Daily Driver officially. Bertha is going to be stored off-site permanently and only brought out on weekends for track days and other events. She currently has 49,500 miles

Bertha will get a full detailing & fluids change in July then put away in a parking garage.

641 - 660 of 662 Posts