VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea how adaptive transmission works? As per the manual, the transmission will adopt the gear shifting pattern to suit individual driving styles. Normally I use triptronic. But, if I switch to automatic mode, the gear shifting is always appear to be delayed. Is it not learning my driving style? I am the only driver for this car.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Re: Adaptive transmission. (skaranam)

Quote, originally posted by skaranam »
Any idea how adaptive transmission works? As per the manual, the transmission will adopt the gear shifting pattern to suit individual driving styles. Normally I use triptronic. But, if I switch to automatic mode, the gear shifting is always appear to be delayed. Is it not learning my driving style? I am the only driver for this car.

The tiptronic will always atleast "appear" to be shifting faster than the auto, since i shift the gears. The TX learns your driving style and adjusts the shift points accordingly. For e.g. if you drive like an old Grandma, the TX will shift early to higher gears and aid fuel economy and smoother shifting. On the other hand if you drive "fast and furious", the TX will hold each gear for a longer time i.e. higher RPM before shifting. That said, if your TX is misbehaving, you can erase it's learnt memory, but following procedure:
1. Put key in ignition and turn on (but don't start car)
2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor (u will hear a click at the end of the pedal end) for about a minute
This will cause the auto TX to relearn your driving style.
HTH

·
Registered
268 Posts
My manaul for the GLX Triptronic states that its always adapting.not just adapting to your particular driving style.If you want to go back into sport mode press the pedal to the floor real quick and its back ..I really like the triptronic

Mike,

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Re: (flyinhigh)

Quote, originally posted by flyinhigh »
If you want to go back into sport mode press the pedal to the floor real quick and its back ..I really like the triptronic

Mike,

That's correct. if you floor quickly it over-rides it's "default" program temporarily and goes aggressive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts