VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually did this few months ago and never got around to doing a DIY. But anyway here is an Ipod connected to my Stock nav system. 1st thing you need is the special adapter that I can set a “group buy” for. Then what I did is put in a set of RCA inputs so under the armrest so it would be easy to connect ipod/dvd/back up camera...Etc. The little switch below the RCA’s is what kills the nav display and puts on whatever you have in the video and you can toggle back and forth with ease. The video quality is great. Unfortunately the sound is not so good. There is engine whine, and I noticed when DRL’s come on the whine gets louder. This whine is annoying but if you are just listening to music you can turn it up the volume and you wont hear it, unfortunately when watching movies there are quit scenes and it gets a little annoying. But im sure there has to be a way to get ride of it.
To set up a group buy I want about 5 people. The it will be $260 shipped for the adapter. E-mail me directly: [email protected]

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Re: (absoluteczech)

Cool stuff man! Will the navi let you watch while the car is in motion?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts