VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know threads like this seem to come up all the time. Someone got a great deal on the controller from a junk yard and cant wait to get it installed. Well, I got my good deal on the parts and it should be in by the end of this week. To do the swap here are basicly all the parts you need:
First off, you need the control unit:

Then you have the big item which makes this install a total PITA which is the airbox. To install this you will need to get the AC system evacuated and remove the entire dash to get access to it.

Then the wires:

Wiring for this is pretty straight forward after you spent a good number of hours reading the bentley manual. wiring has to be done at the plenum, at the airbox, at the fusebox, at the fan control module and at the cluster and possibly windshield wiper relay. Along with wiring in the outside air temp sensor if you dont already have it.
I should have it in my car and done by the end of the week. I am only waiting now for the 2 seals for the evaporator connection and then to get the system evacuated.
Two years after SVTWEB sold his car and I have almost caught up with him.....

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll even do a writeup on the wiring for anyone who wants it. The R+R is something you would have to figure out yourself.

There are a couple other people sorta in the process of figuring this out too.

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: (abydielsgli)

Quote, originally posted by abydielsgli »
you know you love your car when your messin with this stuff

If you think on the basis of any modification... this isn't that serious...
Lets break it down!
Wiring, and a bit more Wiring.. Some pulling apart and some reinstallation.
The biggest reason why many don't do it is because...
A-Lazy
B-Cost of parts
C-Lazy

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.