VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased an aftermarket warranty? Are there any that work well with the Touareg?
I'm at 57,000 miles and thinking of just keeping the thing. Now that the car is aligned, the stepper motor's working, the transaxle's been replaced and the driveshaft is new, it seems to be a pretty happy vehicle.
I hope this stuff doesn't go bad again. Warranty ideas anyone?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Additional Warranty Recommendations? (tour-reg)

do yourself a favor and get a factory VW warranty from the dealer, you will find that they are price competitive, and if you ask around you should be able to negotiate a bit on the price.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Re: Additional Warranty Recommendations? (TREGinginCO)

TREGINGINCO - Can you give us cost and details of coverage.
I am also looking for one.
What is the final expiration of original VWOA OEM warranty? Miles or time?

Cy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Additional Warranty Recommendations? (cybulman)

I think the Warranty all goes by time or miles whichever comes first.

I was quoted 3400 dollars for 48,000 or 48 months additional warranty. That's from JMNA. I can also go as little as 12 months 12,000 miles for 1600 dollars.
What issues have you had with yours?
Mine is great now after 3 years of struggling. But I'm afraid it's giving me a false sense of security.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Re: Additional Warranty Recommendations? (cybulman)

Quote, originally posted by cybulman »
TREGINGINCO - Can you give us cost and details of coverage.
I am also looking for one.
What is the final expiration of original VWOA OEM warranty? Miles or time?

Cy

I have a 5yr / 100k mile policy. I'm a driver who racks up miles quicker than time so this works for me. It is the best warranty they offer (Platinum Coverage) which basically extends the factory warranty to 100k. I have zero deductible coverage.
Cost... I got a good price on mine. You should be able to get this warranty for $1,700 or less.
The warranty from VW is 4yr / 50k from the factory with drivetrain components covered to 60k miles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Additional Warranty Recommendations? (tour-reg)

I tried all the VW dealer's in Portland, OR area and none sell the VW warrantry All use National Warrantry Corp. I have 47K miles on mine 04 V8 and cost for 4 yr 48K additional miles is $2400 w zero deductible for Premium plus coverage. NWC also allows you to go to any ASE repair shop if you so choose; don't know if the VW plan will allow that option.
Once you go over the 50K mile mark in many cases cannot get the same bumper to bumper coverage as the original warrantry.
I researched a number of online companies - warranteedirect. aawarrantry etc. pricing varied from 1900 to 2700 but they would not give you the same coverage once you hit the 50K mile mark!!
Also talked to the service manager at the dealer I plan on using in Portland (we just moved to Portland area from IL) about other plans and they had never worked with any of the online outfits I had considered going to.
As of now I am going to go with the NWC plan from the dealer.
BT

Modified by bt-treg at 2:59 PM 11-1-2006

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.