VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing Koni's with sofsport springs on my Golf. The rears adjust by compressing the shock and turning the whole body. It appears that the bumpstops/upper mount prevent the shock from compressing enough to work the adjustment. That means removing the shock and upper mount first. Did I miss something or is that just the way it is?
This is my daily driver in the great pothole that is the northeast, so I have them at full soft right now. For the first time the car has the locked down suspension feel that German cars are supposed to have! Huge improvment with very little ride comfort reduction. It seems to take bigger bumps way better, no bottoming any more. I sure wish the car had come from the factory this way.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Re: Adjusting rear Koni's on A4 chassis? (Mohudsolo)

Quote, originally posted by Mohudsolo »
..... Did I miss something or is that just the way it is?.......

You did not miss anything, this is the way, unfortunately.....

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Re: Adjusting rear Koni's on A4 chassis? (pyce)

yup...you gotta take it all apart to adjust. It's not that big of a deal...most of the time spent adjusting is going to be jackin the car up and taking the wheel off
Usually takes me about 20 min. per side

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Adjusting rear Koni's on A4 chassis? (Wolf1.8)

I just figured I would double check. I had the impression from reading some other posts that just the bottom mount had to come off then compress and rotate the shock. Not a big deal since I am not racing the car.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Re: Adjusting rear Koni's on A4 chassis? (Mohudsolo)

You don't really loose much ride quality by stiffining the rear as long as you are at least 3/4 of a turn from full stiff.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Adjusting rear Koni's on A4 chassis? (RonJeremy)

Right now it is so wonderful to have actual rebound damping that even on full soft they are making it like a new (better) car. I figure on just running it for now and playing with the settings in a while and see what I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts