VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading somewhere about a little trick to adjusting the recaro's so you can conform them to your back. The bolsters jut out into my back instead of wrapping around me! I want to extend the bolsters out more. I'm always squirming trying to find a comfortable position in the seats!

THanks

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Re: adjusting width of Recaro's? (dubwerkz)

Wow, most people end up wanting them tighter, not looser. the only trick i know of is brute force...just grab onto the bolster(try to grab deep so you get the metal support) and push or pull until they are in the desired position. i don't like the way it sounds either, but if anybody knows a better way, post it up!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: adjusting width of Recaro's? (8vGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]I believe that How-To was on Trav's site....
[HR][/HR]​
I think I rememeber reading that, but it was for narrowing the bolsters. Using those ratching tie downs and a wide belt. (like those ones you see holding stuff on to flatbed trucks. I am sure you can do the opposit... like an adjustable bar. I had a pullup bar once that mounted in a doorway, it was two peices and you put it in the doorway and turned them until the bar got tight agianst the door frame.
Maybe if you could find somethign close to that, maybe smaller.
Of course I NEVER used that thing you could tell if you ever saw my arms.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Re: adjusting width of Recaro's? (dubwerkz)

Is it the top part of the seat back juts into your back or the side bolsters.
The later model Recaro's ('91/2) were wider than the previous versions due to complaints from VWoA's huskier, fat '80's clientele. You could do a trade maybe.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: adjusting width of Recaro's? (Diamond Dave)

I have 90 electric recaro's. Does anyone have a problem with the seat leaning forward are harder braking? I can lift my seat forward, like something is loose or worn out....and suggestions?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Re: adjusting width of Recaro's? (86SpyScirocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]I can lift my seat forward, like something is loose or worn out....any suggestions?[HR][/HR]​
You can tilt the seatback forward or the entire seat tilts forward? What kind of travel distance- mm's or inches?
If you got your seats out of a wrecked vehicle, it's possible that the frame is slightly bent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.