VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my subs and box stolen today!!! Still have my amp (older RF Punch 360a2) and am looking at getting 1 10" or 12" sub (would like less room taken up then old 2 sub box). I Listen to Techno (lots of bass) and don't know if I should go with a 10" or 12" sub (I've head 10" subs respond better to changing bass, could be BS).
The amp puts out 360w @ 4ohms bridged.
Basicaly I would like any advice on what size I should go for and any product recomendations or dislikes. I am on a somewhat limited budget (no dream setups
) and would like very much to use the existing amp.

Thank you very much,
Pablo

[Modified by Pablo, 7:31 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: Advice: 10" vs 12" sub @ 360W??? Which is better for techno, etc (Pablo)

personally the way i have gone in the past and present is a 12" in a sealed enclosure.being sealed,the box doesnt have to be big so you save room and the bass is "tighter",but a ported box gives a lower tone and gives a louder sound.its a matter of personal taste and what you have room for.im sure someone will say something different but this what i go by.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I LOVE my techno and chose the 10" over the 12 because even though the 12" "quakes" the car. the 10" sounded better with Paul Okenfold playing.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts

You may want to invest in an alarm at this point or you may be out of another sub and your amp in a month. Scumbags will sometimes come back and hit the same car weeks later since they know the system may just be replaced by the insurance.
Go with a single Image Dynamics IDQ 12'. Sealed box can be as small as .7 cubic feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.