VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the coming weeks I'm planning to putting my AR up on Gunbroker, but I have never sold a firearm that has been frankensteined before. Usually just handguns etc that are nearly stock.

This is a Grey Ghost lower, PSA barreled upper and other bits and bops to make it mine, so what suggestions do any of you have about properly listing it on an auction site in order to get the best return on bidding?

I haven't taken this rifle out to the range in nearly a year, just going to sell it to put the funds into an account specifically for a project car that I'll get in a few years. So not looking to swap etc, hence why I'll put it on a site like Gunbroker etc

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Without seeing pics what is it worth $600?

Have you tried armslist locally first? Armslist is great as long as you price your item properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
From what I've seen, if you've built an AR, you need to list out the components.

·
17,761 Posts
Yup list it out and be honest.

A lot of douche's try listing a gun as a BMC or DD because of one insignificant part.
like the grip? :laugh:

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,077 Posts
Yeah, figured I would list out every part, as much detail as possible.

.... though, stripping the upper/lower and selling parts. Hrmn.
I would be interested to know how this worked out for you. Parts prices are so low that I have not seriously considered selling anything over the last year.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would be interested to know how this worked out for you. Parts prices are so low that I have not seriously considered selling anything over the last year.
On hold for now, watched a few auctions that didn't end well, and wife reminded me that I really like this rifle. I built it as a big heavy beast to be as comfortable knocking skulls with the GI steel recoil spring tube and A2 buttstock with rack markings as it is playing at the range.

May look into it later on, have to start selling off all my stupid VW things, don't really think I want to add in selling firearm bits at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are interested in selling it again, let me know your location and asking price. I have many friends always looking for a built AR.
Not OP, but I have one I am trying to sell to go toward a new car. Couldn't get into my old account, so I had to create a new account and can't DM you yet, want to send me a message?

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bumping this up (sparked my curiosity after thinking about cymbals and working in shifts)... wondering if anyone has ever heard of a NICS check being appealed?

Shop I spoke to said they had never heard of a successful appeal. Googling shows some ugly info about “The NICS Section’s Appeal Services Team is currently processing appeal cases and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) cases received in August 2015.”

:eek:

So... wondering if that ever actually happens. Like, the FBI saying, whoops yeah that rejection was a mistake. Sorry.

Out of curiosity.

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,077 Posts
It certainly happens. I've been delayed because of some unfortunate news stories.

If you file this,

https://forms.fbi.gov/nics-appeal-request-form

You are supposed to receive the basis for your denial within 5 days. Then you need to follow up with the agency that published the information or prove that you aren't the same person who should have been denied based on the agency report.

·
17,761 Posts
Bumping this up (sparked my curiosity after thinking about cymbals and working in shifts)... wondering if anyone has ever heard of a NICS check being appealed?

Shop I spoke to said they had never heard of a successful appeal. Googling shows some ugly info about “The NICS Section’s Appeal Services Team is currently processing appeal cases and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) cases received in August 2015.”

:eek:

So... wondering if that ever actually happens. Like, the FBI saying, whoops yeah that rejection was a mistake. Sorry.

Out of curiosity.
It has happened. Usually a similar name gets flagged as an alias of a criminal. Occasionally someone's rights get restored, but the system isn't updated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts