VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned the vehicle for a few years and about 8 months ago I decided to do some upgrades which goes as follow:
k04-015
415cc injectors
3bar fpr
3" MAF
3" Downpipe
Unitronic tune (purchased from member on fb page) I had spoken to someone at Uni who said that they did used to have that tune but it was no longer carried. They did confirm that the tune mentioned called for those specific supporting mods.

Now onto the issues.

Car for the most part will not boost past 5psi, WHEN it does it sputters at 15psi without allowing it to go any further. UNI has not been of help since I did not purchase it from them (can't blame them).

Maybe time for a walbro 255? I'm really not sure what could be causing it. I had another vehicle so I had been driving that until I've recently sold it and now really want to get this thing running right.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would start with checking for vacuum leaks.
Could also be the n75 valve.
Scan it for codes and see if anything comes up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck with these issues? Im having really similar issues, sounds like a lot of excess fuel popping when accelerating/misfires. Searched endlessly for boost leaks....sounds almost as if i have a bad coil pack, wished it was that simple though. Please do post if you have any luck with yours

1 - 4 of 4 Posts