VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the ABA block and ABA oil squiters would drop into an AEG block. I've been doing some research on the 20V ABA setup and was hoping to use the forged ABA crank and oil squiters. I want to use the AEG block because the oil lines will mate up to the 20V head and won't require any filling. Plus i wont have to worry about intermediate shaft and distrubutor BS. I could use MSD coipacks or something like that. Any info would be great. Thanks!

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: AEG/ABA Hybird (MattyDVR6)

Ok, first off the AEG is a short deck 2l using 141mm rods. ABA's use 159mm rods. The AEG also has an extended nose crank featuring a gear for a chain driven oil pump. So, you cant swap the ABA crank into the mk4 block and vise versa. If you dont want to worry about oil return passages. Just bore and stroke a 1.8t block to 2l or build an ABA 20v hybrid.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Re: AEG/ABA Hybird (GTibunny16v)

Quote, originally posted by GTibunny16v »
Ok, first off the AEG is a short deck 2l using 141mm rods.

i thought it was 144 mm rods

·
Registered
7,509 Posts

yeah, i know they are shorter as the ABA has 159 mm rods, I just thought it was 144 as compared to 141

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GTibunny16v »
Ok, first off the AEG is a short deck 2l using 141mm rods. ABA's use 159mm rods. The AEG also has an extended nose crank featuring a gear for a chain driven oil pump. So, you cant swap the ABA crank into the mk4 block and vise versa. If you dont want to worry about oil return passages. Just bore and stroke a 1.8t block to 2l or build an ABA 20v hybrid.

THER GOES THAT THERORY
any one need a avh long block

but will a aba crank fit into a jh block???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts