VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard some mixed reviews on the AEM Intake? i heard it was great because they have the hook up for the hose that you gotta Put that breather filter on, but i have heard that there is a fitment issue inside the engine bay? are these correct or not? if you have any info to add to these pros or cons please add them.
thanks

· Banned
1,240 Posts
Re: AEM Intake owners, i got a question (VDUBNDizzy)

I read an article in Eurotuner about the AEM and they remarked on how well the intake fit. They also measured a nice peak gain of hp and torque and at 6000rpm there was a 15hp and 14ft/lb increase.

i can get you a brand new AEM intake in any color they make (blue, red, grey, polished) for any MK4 engine for $160 shipped. That is an awesome deal. I have a group buy going on right now and one of the buyers backed out. Get back to me ASAP if you want his spot.

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: AEM Intake owners, i got a question (GTI Rennfahrer)

well then i guess i will be getting an polished AEM sometime, Maybe at waterfest!!! i am also going to get a bailey's DV. hopefully i can find one for less than $160 at waterfest

· Registered
2,034 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GTI Rennfahrer »
I read an article in Eurotuner about the AEM and they remarked on how well the intake fit. They also measured a nice peak gain of hp and torque and at 6000rpm there was a 15hp and 14ft/lb increase.

i can get you a brand new AEM intake in any color they make (blue, red, grey, polished) for any MK4 engine for $160 shipped. That is an awesome deal. I have a group buy going on right now and one of the buyers backed out. Get back to me ASAP if you want his spot.

hehe thats my car, after we ran that dyno i had a big
on my face

· Registered
2,861 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GTI Rennfahrer »

Who is the group buy through? Thread? I'm interested.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Re: AEM Intake owners, i got a question (crawdog00)

beautifull fit on my 02 1.8t no rubbing nothing nice and snug, the only thing is that air pump adaptor it just doesnt want to snap in place so i just put the hose over the ai plug fitting and it works no problem, but over all good product. i like it

· Registered
216 Posts
Re: AEM Intake owners, i got a question (funkysole)

Getting my AEM in the right position wasn't easy, but once in it fit very nicely indeed. AEM should provide a vibration isolator for the upper mount. Direct bolt to the fender liner causes engine vibration to transmit to the car. I dynoed before and after, gain was about 9 ft/lb torque. No HP gain. My AWW Golf has an APR 91 octane chip, 2 1/2'" turboback into stock muffler, Neuspeed turbo inlet upgrade, Forge SMIC.
Would I buy again? No, but only because I really don't want such a noisy car. Driving around town the increase in noise is pretty dramatic. My adult friends all notice it and comment on it. They are not tossing compliments. The car sounds like a city bus with all the hissing from the DV now apparent. At least you can tell it is working. I'm going to add some insulation to the piping, remove the AEM if this doesn't help.

· Registered
2,034 Posts
Re: AEM Intake owners, i got a question (1.8TsilverstoneGTI)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8TsilverstoneGTI »
intricate976----What DV are you running?

At the time i was running a 007, but have since sold it and i am on the stock valve until i get chipped. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.